ANOTHER DAY

"So where are you taking us" asked Hafsat

"Yes, Where are we going" asked Muneera

Ummi's friends came to their house to  wish her happy birthday. When they called her she told them about the birthday present Yusuf sent for her and they decided to come.

Ummi doesn't celebrate birthdays, she just spends it like any other day.

"ba abun da zan yi" she replied curtly

"Ummi ta Yusuf" Yasmin teased Ummi
They've been teasing her since they got here

"Awwwwn" they all chorused

They kept on teasing her, she begged them to stop but they refused.

Thankfully the knock on the door made them stop "Assalam Alaikum" Zainab came in.

"Waalaikumul Salam" they answered

"Ahhh Ahhhn, su Zainab en mata" Yasmin teased.

If Yasmin was to have pick a hobby it would be teasing.

Zainab was busy blushing as if she just won a lottery "Anty Ummi, abincin ya nuna" she said referring to the food Ummi asked Zainab to look after.

"gani nan zuwa" she stood up and made her way to the kitchen.

She came back few minutes later holding some plates on her hand while Sadiya was holding a tray of neatly arranged food warmers and spoons.

"Sannun ku" Sadiya said and carefully dropping the tray.

They all replied with "Yawwa" to which she smiled and left.

They all came down from the bed and sat down on the carpet, making a circle with the food warmer in the middle.

Yusrah opened the food warmers and began serving everyone's food.

They ate in silence, with each person in thought.

"Ummi yanxu ya zaku yi" asked Yusrah breaking the silence

"Honestly I don't know what is going to happen, Baba said he won't give his approval as long as he lives in US" she replied playing with the bracelet on her wrist.

Yusuf had gifted the bracelet to her, so ever since she had worn it always.

"Baba won't allow me to relocate to US, he believes raising a child in that country would be hard" she added

"You know our old folks don't like the western way of life" said Hafsat.

"kuma ba yanda za'a yi ya dawo Nigeria da aiki" asked Muneera

"Gaskiya ban sani, bai kara cewa komai bah" she replied

"Don't worry it will all work out"

She nodded wordlessly, feeling reassured.

After eating they spent the next few hours talking about everything and nothing, before they left to their respective homes.

After they left she sat in her room playing a game on her phone, when she started hearing a familiar voice coming from the living room.

She proceeded to the living room where she met Anty and Suleiman having a conversation.

"Ahh Ahhhn, Alhaji yaushe ka iso" she asked taking a seat close to Anty

"Yayan naki kike kira kai tsaye" said Anty

"Kyale ta Anty, ta raina ni" said Alhaji

Ummi glared at him and he chuckled

Anty noticed the exchange and said "kun fi kusa"

she stood up "bari in shiga ciki, Ummi ki kawo ma yayan ki ruwa ya Sha" with that she left.

Ummi did as Anty said and glanced to the kitchen coming back with a tray on her hand.

She kept the tray on the center table and sat directly opposite him.

"Yaya yaushe ka dawo" she asked cause last she remembered, he wasn't in town.

"Yaya kuma ba Alhaji" he said with a smirk, while she just gave an annoyed expression.

He can't explain why but he liked getting on her nerves.

"Yaya Suleiman Alhaji" she called with all seriousness.

"duka sunan aka hado yanxu" he said picking up a bottle of water from the tray.

He opened the bottle and poured some water into a glass cup and took a sip from it.

She refused to give him a reply because she knew what he was doing.

"I came back yesterday so I decided to come and see my favourite cousin"

She rolled her eyes at the 'my favourite cousin'

"wa nake gani, Suleiman neh wannan" came Yaya Abba's voice

"ni neh fah" he replied

"When did you come back" Yaya Abba asked taking a seat

"Yesterday" he replied

"Mie Mie, gashi" Alhaji said handing her a small paper bag  "Happy birthday" he added

"Thank you Alhaji" she thanked him with a smile and collected the bag

"kai da mutumiyar ka" said Yaya Abba laughing at the duo

"sai anjima Alhaji" she bid him goodbye and made her way to the room

"mu baza a ce mana sai anjima" Yaya Abba said loud enough for her to hear

THANK YOU FOR READING, PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND PLEASE DO COMMENT, THANK YOU.