Taking the Plunge

Chapter 7: Taking the Plunge (Dual POV)

Le'ana's POV

May 2017 arrived, the tail end of spring buzzing with anticipation. Not just because of the changing seasons, but because of a shift in her connection with Keith. His online chivalry after the troll attack had sparked a new kind of warmth within her. Their conversations felt charged, filled with unspoken emotions.

One evening, scrolling through Twitter, she stumbled upon a tweet from Keith. It was a simple picture – a view of the Hollywood sign at sunset, bathed in the warm glow of the golden hour. But the caption made her heart skip a beat.

Keith's POV

Standing on the familiar hill overlooking Hollywood, Keith felt a familiar pull in his chest. He pulled out his phone,snapping a picture of the breathtaking sunset. His fingers hovered over the caption box. What could he possibly write that would express the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside him?

Le'ana's POV

The caption read: "Same view, different day. But this time, it feels... complete. #grateful #somethingspecial"

A shiver ran down Le'ana's spine. Was this about her? Had their online connection finally bloomed into something more?She felt a nervous flutter in her stomach, a mixture of excitement and hope.

Keith's POV

He hit send, a wave of uncertainty washing over him. He wasn't sure if Le'ana would understand the hidden message, but he had to take a chance. The phone buzzed with a notification. It was her.

Le'ana's POV

Her fingers danced across the keyboard, composing a reply. "Complete, huh? I kinda like the sound of that, Keith.#metoo"

Keith's POV

A grin split his face. This was it. The moment he'd been waiting for. He typed back, his heart pounding in his chest. "Me too, Le'ana. Me too. Want to make it official? Dinner, this Friday night? My treat."

Le'ana's POV

Her breath hitched. A real date? Finally? A smile stretched across her face as she typed. "Official, huh? Sounds good to me. But only if you promise not to wear a bowtie."

Keith's POV

He laughed out loud, the sound echoing through his empty apartment. "Deal. No bowtie. Just me, you, and hopefully, the start of something amazing."

Le'ana's POV

As they continued chatting, planning their date, a giddy feeling took hold. Maybe, just maybe, the path from online crush to real-life connection was about to take a beautiful turn. Their first official date, a culmination of years of online friendship and unspoken feelings, held the promise of a future filled with laughter, support, and perhaps, even love.

Keith's POV

Friday night couldn't come soon enough. Keith spent the week in a nervous frenzy, meticulously planning the perfect date.He knew this wasn't just any dinner; it was a chance to rewrite their story, to move from the digital realm into the real world. And as the clock ticked down to their meeting time, he couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement for what lay ahead.