The words

A sweet smile on his lips, yet he feels lonely, if not lost. The famous architect Kaveh is facing yet another problem with a customer. The customer isn't pleased with his work despite being in wrong.
"I told you I needed the sketches due today and you dare to come here like some princess with nothing done?! What will I tell everyone when you're this incompetent?!"
It wasn't anything out of ordinary. It was a known fact that people used Kaveh's kindness and eagerness to get the best of him. One could call him a pushover.
"Sir I already told you that the sketches and overall plan was planned due to next Monday. We have it written in a contract. I don't see the issue."
At the times like these Kaveh gets scolded and told what to do. Coming home was shameful as ever. 'Should I finish it or rather drink away'. He thought while searching for his keys. The world cannot be serious right now, where are the keys?.
"Did I forget my keys again? Al-Haitham isn't probably home either, drinking is it I guess."
Just as he was about to leave he bumped into none and other, Al-Haitham who completely ignored him and went home. Not being in the mood to argue, Kaveh quietly followed him in.
Today was more quiet than usual which Al-Haitham greeted with opened arms, but being the person he is, he stole few glances at Kaveh from time to time. Kaveh was working on the sketches for couple of hours. The paper seemed to swim and blur. That's when he decided to make a dinner for himself and perhaps his landlord too.
Chopping some vegetables with small smile he said "How long has it been, since one of us had the luxury of family." It sounded rather painful and quiet but to his surprise he was met with quiet mumble.
"You are my family Kaveh."
...
...?
The architect looked up, seemingly stopping the chopping.
"What did you say..?"
"I'm not repeating myself, you are a fool."
Al-Haitham said coldly but for those who know Al-Haitham well enough, they could see that it was genuine. He meant every single bit.
Kaveh smiled softly and prepared vegetables to his food, which was served the next minute. He brought a plate for Al-Haitham while putting hand on his shoulder. He received nothing other than a puzzled look from the gray haired man. He felt home. He felt the warmth.
"Don't be too hard on yourself Kaveh" Al-haitham exchanged after recieving the food. He gave off faint smile, perhaps it was the fact that he felt like being at home too.
They casually sat next to each other at the table and ate the dinner in silence. There were some words unspoken it was for sure, but the silence was broken by Kaveh soon enough. "You're my home too. Not just the fact that you give me housing, but you listen to me and make me feel a little more at ease despite your-" he was interrupted by Al-Haitham who bent over the table and softly connected their lips together before casually getting up and leaving the room as if nothing happened.
...?
Huh.
What just happened?
After a while of deep thoughts and feelings Kaveh jumped up onto his feet and chased after Al-Haitham.
"Wait!"
He went to his room to see him.. sleeping? So quick to sleep. He sat on the edge of his bed and looked at him. Adoring the view and cherishing the words. He went down to kiss his forehead.
"Goodnight Haitham."
He whispered into his ear and left the room to let him sleep.
That night neither of them slept.