Twelve

Stella

As I walk down the hall, I hear quiet arguing between two men in the study. My curiosity stops me once I hear, "Number eighteen."

I slowly creep closer, their voices becoming more clear.

I make out Max's voice. "And you call me risky? You're the one drawing attention to us! What were you thinking?"

"It may have been risky, but at least I'm not as reckless as you." Theo's voice snaps. "I was smart about it, covered my tracks. I've done this a shit ton of times before."

"But why bother?" Max asks. "He was practically already dead anyway. You should've just let her dad suffer instead of killing him."

I gasp and cover my mouth.

"Did you hear that?" Max asks gently.

I immediately sprint down the hall. Before I get to the end, I hear a man's voice holler for me.

I continue running without looking over my shoulder.

"Eighteen!" Theo's voice shouts from a far.

I sprint through the rest of the house when I'm suddenly lifted from the ground. Theo carries me over his shoulder.

"No!" I shriek. "Let me go!" I hit him as hard as I can.

He carries me back to my room and sets me back on my feet.

I stare up at him with frightening eyes.

He's a murder.

"You killed him." I softly say.

He sighs. "You weren't supposed to hear that."

"Why did you do it?" I ask softly.

"He hurt you." He answers.

"You're a murder." I whisper.

He shakes his head. "No, I'm not."

"You killed him." I growled. "You're a murder!" I smack his chest repeatedly. "You're a murder!" I back away, watching him with fear now. "Go away."

He steps closer. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"Go!" I shriek before backing into a wall.

He steps closer to me until he's inches away from me.

"Go!" I scream while hitting him. "Murder!"

He calmly fetches my wrists, keeping them secure from moving now. "Stella," His low voice silences me.

I pant while looking up at him, his body pressed against mine.

"I'm not a murder." He softly says. "I was just giving him a taste of karma."

I nod my head, my heart rate steadying now. My breathing becomes slower.

He pushes himself away. "One more crazy tantrum and you won't be able to sit for a week." He threatens before leaving.

. . .

Theo

Stella is still mad at me. She's been avoiding me all day. She thinks I'm a murder.

I was only doing her justice, giving that bastard what he deserves.

I walk past Sam who is playing pool with Chris in the bar room. They discuss their plans for Stella next as I walk around the counter and pour me a glass of whiskey.

"Yeah, then I was thinking we can tie her against the bed and have her ass up," Sam begins.

I sit down at the counter and sip the bitter whiskey.