III. Forgive the dog when he bites, you probably love him for some reason

THREE.    FORGIVE THE DOG WHEN HE BITES, YOU PROBABLY LOVE HIM FOR SOME REASON
🦴

    FORGIVE THE DOG WHEN HE BITES, YOU PROBABLY LOVE HIM FOR SOME REASON 🦴

1986.

He always sleeps good with June Elrod (sleep-sleep and sleep-sex, but that's besides the point. Just figured you should know. Eddie's still a boy at the end of the day. He's going to fuck up).

She's a soft girl that never fails to taste like cinnamon and white buttercream. She's warm like an oven. She's sweet like a lolli. He wants to hold her in the palm of his hand for a very long time. But he knows she'd eventually have to get up and get going. She can never sit for too long. But regardless of all these awfully kind things about her, she's never there when he wakes up. That's like a punch to the gut. He thought for awhile that she just doesn't sleep too good when he's there with her. Even if she is the one to ask him to stay. He doesn't think it's necessarily his fault. She has her own silent shit she doesn't air to him. He doesn't push. They're like that. He'll push if she wants him to, that's almost never.

It's like they both know something is not... right? between the two of them. Like something may be missing? May be wrong? They don't talk about whatever it is.

When he wakes there's sun in his eyes, it shines from the slim cracked sheer pink blinds. His hand reaches out blindly across the bed, June's side. Cold and empty. Normal.

"He's awake." He hears. It doesn't sound like June. Doesn't sound like June. Panic rises in his chest for a second, hurts his head. He slams his eyes open, rather than peel them apart calmly. It makes him a little dizzy with how quick he's moving. He meets Lydia Elrod's hazel eyes and he grimaces. She's too close for his liking. She beams, witchy. "Hi, poser." She is too close.

She calls him this because of the dead rockstar dream. He's just a poser like everyone else in this town. No exceptions.

"Lyds, leave him alone." It's somewhere in the background. Lydia rolls her eyes and pushes away from the edge of June's bed. Eddie can finally take in his surroundings and breathe. Lydia's on the carpeted floor and June's leaning down to sit in front of her. She's got a small basket next to her. Bottles and containers. Lotions. Moisturizers. Other good shit for your skin to make you look like glass. He's only ever let June touch him twice with that stuff. They were drunk and giggly the first time. Second time, she was sad and he'd do just about anything to make her feel better.

Eddie watches June gently rub something clear into Lydia's skin. It smells good. It's all Eddie can tell.

"Hi, Eds." June says gently. Her eyes move to his as her fingers gently continue at her sister's freckled skin. Eddie doesn't have a second to speak back. Lydia pushes her head back, neck stretched. She's upside down. She looks ridiculous, yet her eyes look a nice shade of green from this angle. His jaw twitches. "Hi, Eds.." She drags out, mockingly, teasingly.