One step at a time. (2)

Summary - Taylor's depression got worse over the last few days, leaving Travis to take care of her.

There are quite a few pov switches, sorry

_

Travis' pov

Taylor hasn't gotten out of bed in three days. She's so much quieter than usual, it's really bad.

"Sweetheart? Do you want to come sit out in the sun with me for a bit?" I asked, watching as she stared at the wall, the one she'd been staring at for almost 10 minutes with minimal blinking.

I could see she was hesitating from her expression. Her mouth opened, then closed again several times, as if she was searching for something to say.

I sat next to her on the edge of the bed, resting my hand over hers and squeezing a little.

"I think it would be good for you to get out of this room for a bit. You don't have to, but sweetie, I am worried about you." I spoke with concern, watching as her eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry.." She whispered.

"No, no, no.. sweetheart, please don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for." I pulled her body to mine, hugging her close.

"But I do, I'm miserable and you're worried. You have every right to be worried, but I hate being a burden, you know that." Taylor sobbed, clutching onto my body like a lifeline.

"Taylor, no, baby, you are not a burden. We are going to get through this together, okay? I promise we're gonna get through this." My throat bobbed as I held my own tears away.

She nodded, "Okay."

...

3rd person pov

They stayed like that for a few minutes, just clinging onto each other.

"Can I draw you a bath, sweetheart? Help you relax a little?" Travis offered, pulling back to cup her cheeks and look into her eyes.

Taylor managed a small smile, "Sure. Thanks, baby." She kissed his cheek.

"Alright sweetie. Stay here, okay?" He dropped a kiss onto her head, then walked into the bathroom.

...

Taylor's pov

After Travis disappeared into the bathroom, I let out a long sigh.

I really didn't want him to see me naked at the moment. He wasn't aware of it, but I'd slowly been cutting down my meals, only eating when I absolutely had to.

So far, Travis hasn't caught on. He thinks I'm fine because he sees me eat at least one meal with him and he leaves me with snacks during the day, but what he doesn't know is that I hide the packets of snacks in my drawers of my bedside table, still full. They were only mini packets, so it's not like I'm hogging a large packet of food.

I've felt really guilty about lying to him, and I'm worried he'll catch on when he sees my body. I don't think I'd be able to handle his face if he knew. To see the hurt in his eyes would probably actually kill me.

My thoughts were interrupted when Travis came back into the bedroom.

"Hey sweetheart, you ready?" He murmured, reaching for my hand.

Averting my eyes, I nodded and took his hand.

"You okay?" Travis whispered. He placed his hand on my neck, rubbing his thumb on my jaw.