three.

I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRY

part one, chapter three.
the art of death.

SEPTEMBER 21, 2005 - QUANTICO, VA

The past month had changed Molly's life dramatically. Now a member of the Behavioral Analysis Unit, she had worked three cases as an official member of the team. She had grown to become comfortable with the team members, though she wouldn't use the term close quite yet. That was in spite of Penelope Garcia's unwavering efforts, constantly in contact with the other blonde. She and Elle Greenaway had bonded over being the newest members of the team and their experience in handling sex crimes. Regardless, Molly had settled in nicely.

And she was quite nicely settled in her desk chair when JJ approached. "JJ, please don't tell me that we have a case. I really like my chair," Molly said with a fake frown. JJ shook her head, offering Molly a sympathetic smile. This was their second case in the past three days.

"Sorry to ruin your plans," JJ said as she handed the file to Molly, leaning on her desk.

Molly held the manila folder in her hands, glancing up at JJ. "Just how bad is it?"

"Florida," was the only word to exit JJ's mouth.

"Son of a bitch."

Gideon met the team at the air strip. It was his first case back since six of his agents died in Boston, which had everyone a bit worried about his mental state. "What do we got?" The longest tenured member of the unit questioned as everyone settled in their circle on the plane.

"Frostproof, Florida," JJ started as everyone opened their files. "Population 3,000. We have five victims."

Morgan's brows furrowed as he looked up at JJ. "Why didn't they call us in sooner?"

"They didn't think the crimes were related," JJ stated. "But they found matching partial prints at each scene."

"But they couldn't get a match from the partial," Elle pondered rhetorically as they all looked at the crime scene photos.

Spencer looked confused as he examined the photos closely. "If it weren't for the fingerprint, I would say these aren't related. There's a different MO, no signature, no sign this is the same unsub."

Molly nods, agreeing with Spencer. "It's weird, but not impossible. Most unsubs don't switch up their MO unless it has a specific purpose."

Hotch nods. "Okay, so let's find his purpose. When we land, JJ and I will meet the local PD at the first crime scene. Gideon and Elle look at the second and third. Morgan, Reid, and Molly look at the fourth and fifth."