seven.

I LOVE YOU, I'M SORRYpart one, chapter seven

part one, chapter seven.
kiss me.

OCTOBER 21, 2005 - WASHINGTON, DC

The burn in her throat hardly seemed worth the four dollars. For all the vodka sodas she had consumed, she'd have a total of sixteen more dollars tucked into her pocket. Which did not seem like much, but as the buzz began to bubble through her, she would have preferred to have spent her money on quite literally anything else.

Did the buzz feel nice? Sure. But as a traumatized control freak, Molly didn't quite enjoy feeling like she didn't have total control over her body. Despite the fuzziness in her skin and the drowningly loud ABBA music overhead, she tried to enjoy herself. Sat around a table between Elle and Spencer, she had her hands planted on the table, twisting her turning barstool chair back and forth as she listened to Penelope speak, "I mean, just look at him, he's like a cat."

Her gaze dragged across the floor, landing on Morgan. Oh, how she wished she could bear a fraction of that man's confidence. He danced with several women, swaying his hips. "Like a cat trying to fight out of a bag, maybe," Elle joked back.

"It's not too bad," Molly defended, though there wasn't much to defend. "Well... I mean it could be a lot worse."

"Well, Miss. Drunk Off Three Shots, let's see you do better," Elle suggested, sliding off her seat. Despite Molly shaking her head, Elle grabbed her hands, pulling her onto the floor.

"Elle," Molly drug her name out in a whining voice. Despite her pleas, Elle interlocked her hands with Molly, moving them back and forth as she swayed slightly, trying to force Molly to dance.

Elle groaned, finally getting Molly to dance with her. "There you go," soon, the girls were dancing with seemingly no care in the world.

Back at the table, JJ leaned towards Spencer, motioning him towards her. As he leaned toward her, she formed a c shape with her hand around his ear for him to hear her better. "You should ask her to dance."

Spencer pulled back slightly, his brows furrowed. "She's already dancing."

JJ shook her head, her palm pressed against her forehead. "With you." JJ clarified. "You should ask her to dance with you."

"I don't know-"

"Just-" JJ interrupted him, "Just... give me a second." As JJ slid off her chair, Spencer grew more confused as JJ didn't walk towards Molly. In fact, she walked the opposite way.

Seeing JJ, Elle took a breath, patting Molly's arm slightly. "I'm tapping out, need a drink." They returned to the table, Elle drinking from the glass Spencer and Penelope had been guarding before she disappeared into the crowd.