Chapter I: Business Card

It was April 4, 2004 in Fukuchiyama, a small city in the northern part of Kyoto Prefecture

It was April 4, 2004 in Fukuchiyama, a small city in the northern part of Kyoto Prefecture. You remember the cherry blossoms slowly blooming by the streets, as you walked home from school. Your friend was talking to you about some anime she had watched on TV yesterday, you'd quietly listen as she rambled on about a show you weren't familiar with. A gentle smile on your face, as you nodded, watching her make these hand gestures- letting her know she had your full attention. It was a beautiful afternoon, that's how you remembered that day.

As you approached your house, you noticed black cars parked in front of your house that you weren't familiar with. None of your relatives had cars like those, sleek, luxurious looking ones. Perhaps they had just parked in front of your house, because there were no other parking spaces in the neighborhood- it was a small and humble neighborhood after all. You waved goodbye to your friend, as you opened the gate to your house. She lived a couple of blocks away from you, which was why it was only natural that the two of you had walked home together almost everyday. She grinned, waving her hand goodbye as high as possible; you chuckled, before heading into your house.

"Okaa-san, Otou-san! Tadaima!" You'd yell from the front door, removing your shoes and placing them on the shoe cabinet, before stepping on the wooden floors and inserting your house slippers on

"Okaa-san, Otou-san! Tadaima!" You'd yell from the front door, removing your shoes and placing them on the shoe cabinet, before stepping on the wooden floors and inserting your house slippers on. You'd gleefully walk through the hallway, before turning right and reaching the receiving area, the tatami room with the kotatsu and zabuton. You'd figured your mother would be having her afternoon tea by now, what you wouldn't expect would be the unexpected and unfamiliar visitors that would be sitting across from her; people that had an odd aura around them.

"Sweetheart! I didn't even realize you were home already!" Your mother smiled at you, almost forcefully, you'd notice the way her fingers were fidgeting on her lap, fingers grasping at the fabric of the apron that was tied around her waist. "Hey honey!" Your father greets you from beside your mother, now that was a rare sight. Your father would often be too busy to have tea with your mother in the afternoon, being too busy grading papers from the university he works at. A tight smile was on his lips as well, he was uncomfortable, it wouldn't take a genius to figure that one out.

You'd turn your attention to the older looking gentlemen that sat across from them, one of them wearing a traditional hakama, while the other wore a school uniform you weren't familiar with. "(Y/N), correct?" The older gentleman spoke, you'd stare at them, unresponsive to your own name- until your mother spoke. "Meet Gakuganji-san and Zen'in-San, they're from the Kyoto Metropolitan High School. Please show some respect, sweetheart." Her voice sounded restrained, uncomfortable. "It's nice to meet you." You'd speak, bowing your head slightly, to show some form of respect.