Chapter 06: Lazy Day

Neither Andy nor Alex felt like doing anything that day, so they decided to just hang in Andy's apartment. They have been dating for a week by then and so far, everything went well. They've gotten to know so much about each other and they have no problem accepting the present differences and such. Both Alex and Andy was as happy as could be.

"Aw," Alex turned the candy packaging upside down to find that it's completely empty, "We're all out of Sour Patch!" "There's more in the cupboard," Andy said without turning away from the TV screen. When Batman is on, then nothing else is on. "Ugh, I'm so lazy," mumbled Alex, "Andy, will you get them for me please?" "Get them yourself, you lazy potato," Andy quickly pinched Alex's nose and immediately turned back to the screen. "Aw pretty please?" Alex batted her eyes and crooked her lips into a cute smile. Andy took notice, but ignored it right away although it was obvious that he had a hard time doing so. "Aw Andy please?" Alex's puppydog face intensified. Andy tried to ignore this one... but failed. He sighed and got up eventually, "Oh alright." Alex clapped her hands, contented, "Thank you baby!"

Andy sat next to Alex, eyes fixed on hers. A smile bloomed on his face. Just looking at her made him really happy. Especially after all the tour stress, being able to just stay at home with the person he loves is more than enough.

"What?" Alex asked him after a minute of staring and not saying anything.

"Nothing," Andy smiled, not turning away from Alex, "You just make me really happy."

Alex dropped her head to hide her blushing face, but she looked up not long after. "Andy?"

"Yeah?"

"You like me right?" Alex asked seriously. Just as Andy was about to utter an answer, Alex clarified, "I mean, not me as your girlfriend, but me as a person. You know, being all feminine and style-conscious and stuff. I mean, I'm not punk or metal. Not even close."

"Alex," Andy chuckled and wrapped her in his arms, "I don't care if you're a super girly girl, a goth, a hippie, a punk rock chick or an emo or anything. You're you. A bright and gorgeous girl with an amazing personality. That's more than enough for me." Andy then gently pecked the tip of Alex's nose, which made her giggle.

"Thank you, Andy," Alex sincerely said. "Although, what if I suddenly became punk?"

"That'd be really awesome," Andy admitted, "But I don't want you to pressure yourself or anything. Just follow your heart, Alex." He then fed her a piece of candy. Alex nodded, "Yeah, you're right. And I will."

They continued watching the movie in silence, just enjoying each other's presence. Alex could stay in Andy's arms forever.

"Hey Alex," Andy said without turning away from the screen, "I'm Batman."

Alex sighed, "I know, Andy."

"Yeah, you know 'cause I just told you."

"Untrue! I knew it like, way before that."

"No you don't. Nobody knows about my alter ego."

"Uh, wrong. I know all about it."

"You're lying. I never told you I was Batman until today."

"You didn't have to. I have my ways."

"You're lying."

"I am not."

"I don't believe you."

"You don't have to. It's just right."

"No."

"Yes."

"Get out of my house, woman."

"Alright then," Alex actually stood up and was about to leave when Andy yanked her back to her seat and wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Nooooo baby don't leave me!" Andy dramatically said, which made Alex laugh.

"You're so lame, Andy. But you're so cute."

Andy kissed Alex's head and said, "I know."

Annoyed, Alex continued, "Then again, you're not."