Chapter 9: Thoughts, Thoughts

Alex just couldn't get over her new ink. She liked it way too much she almost couldn't stop looking at it. Her lips curled into a smile as she traced her finger along the rose and cross. The smile gradually faded, however, as she thought of her parents. They wouldn't approve of their well-behaved daughter getting a tattoo, especially of something presumably demonic as an inverted cross. She then sat on her vanity and started to think. Her parents are going to find out about the tattoo eventually, but in the meantime, a simple jacket or a longsleeve shirt would do the trick, but then she thought of something more important.

Andy.

She had no idea how she was going to hide Andy from her parents. They would literally flip knowing that their little girl is dating a band front man who is rock as f*ck and would never, ever, EVER approve of it, but Alex just can't help it. She's deeply in love with Andy and nothing can make her change her mind. Not telling them would delay everything but unlike the tattoo, Andy's nearly impossible to hide. They'll become suspicious once they figure that Alex is going out a lot and they won't like it when they know who she's actually seeing.

Alex tugged at her hair, starting to get frustrated. How the hell is she supposed to explain everything to her parents without them freaking out or, worse, disapproving?

***

"Well, that's rather hard, to be honest," Em rolled over to lay on her stomach, "Shoot Alex I can't think of anything." "Neither can I!" Alex continued walking to and fro, "God, I love Andy so, so much and I don't ever want us to end." Em thought, feeding a chip into her mouth, "Maybe they'll understand that you really love him?" Alex shook her head firmly, "No way. Not a chance. They both think I'm some sort of princess that should only be going out with proper elegant basket boys." Alex plopped herself beside her best friend, helping herself on some chips. "Oh Emma I reaaaaaally have no idea what to do," Alex pressed a pillow onto her face. "Mmmmm... Why don't you try talking to Andy about this?" Em suggested. Alex hesitated, "I don't know, Em. I mean, I'm scared that it's going to offend him. Like indirectly saying that I'm out of his league or something," Alex explained. "Is that what you think?" Em turned to lie on her back. "No!" Alex immediately replied, "Geez, not at all. But I think that's what my parents think." There was a brief moment of silence before Em said simply, "Maybe you'd just have to... make your parents believe what you believe."

Alex was about to open her mouth to argue, but only then did she realize that her best friend was actually right.