Part 2

3

In the novel's plot, Song Zhi Yan went to handle work matters and returned very late.

The female supporting character attended activities alone, once again becoming a target of netizen ridicule and sympathy.

【So what if she married into a wealthy family? Without love, she still lives a humble and pitiful life.】

Yes, yes, I'm the most humble and pitiful. So what if I get a billion in alimony after the divorce? I have no love!

I stayed in the living room of the suite playing games all day. Song Zhi Yan didn't return until the evening.

I ordered takeout for myself and casually clicked on the recommended gossip video about wealthy families on the homepage to watch while eating.

Suddenly, the suite door opened, and Song Zhi Yan, who had been absent all day, came back.

He was wearing a trench coat, with broad shoulders and a narrow waist, and at nearly 1.9 meters tall, he had an imposing presence.

As luck would have it, when Song Zhi Yan came in, the video was introducing him.

"In short, Song Zhi Yan is the ultimate catch in wealthy families: handsome, capable, and never involved in any scandals!"

Me: "..."

I had the video volume turned down pretty low. He shouldn't hear it, right? Right? Right!

Obviously, Song Zhi Yan's hearing was fine.

He walked over and sat down opposite me.

The video continued to play.

"The only drawback of Song Zhi Yan is that he's married. But it's okay, there are plenty of handsome guys. Let's move on to the next one."

I hurriedly turned off the video.

The atmosphere was awkward, so I buried myself in my food, pretending nothing had happened.

But Song Zhi Yan kept his gaze fixed on me.

"Ahem." I tactically coughed. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'm no longer interested in you."

"I was just watching that video to find a potential remarriage candidate. It has nothing to do with you!"

Song Zhi Yan frowned slightly, his eyes locking onto my every expression, trying to find evidence of me lying.

I looked at him calmly and fearlessly.

Now I only want the alimony. I'm not attracted to your body at all!

I got up to clean up the meal box, preparing to stay far away from this unpredictable domineering CEO.

Just as I stood up, Song Zhi Yan suddenly spoke, "You've been a bit different lately."

"Yeah, I've become more sensible."

I replied sincerely, "I now understand my own worth and will no longer bother you."

Song Zhi Yan didn't respond, his gaze still deeply examining me.

I returned to my room, ready to browse my phone as usual, and saw that troublesome video again.

Annoyed, I posted a comment.

"Don't worry, he'll be on the market soon."

"Pristine condition, barely used."

4

The first day of slacking off ended, and with a full schedule on the second day, I slacked off even more.

We were supposed to gather at 8 AM.

I casually put on a pullover sweater and jeans, yawning as I went downstairs.

The female lead, Zhao Qian Qian, wore a white dress, fitting her image as a delicate flower.

Another female guest, the Best Actress Ding, in her forties but looking very young, also wore a plain dress.

As soon as I appeared, the live chat had opinions.

【So scheming, deliberately dressing differently to stand out.】

I sat on the other end of the hall sofa, as far away from Song Zhi Yan as possible.

But he, unexpectedly, walked over in a few steps and sat next to me.

Me: ???

Does this guy have a performer's personality?

Moreover, I felt Song Zhi Yan's gaze lingering on me today, as if observing me.

Maybe he heard my declaration yesterday and was watching to see if I'd cause trouble on the show?

Today's task was to climb a mountain and then have a picnic at the top.

I went directly to the production team.

"Do I have to climb? I want to take the cable car."

The staff were surprised, "If you do that, your group's footage will be too little, and there won't be enough material for editing."

No problem, do I look like someone who cares about screen time?

"I'm willing to give up my screen time for everyone else!"

But the production team disagreed. They paid me to stir things up.

Zhao Qian Qian and I debuted from the same talent show. She was a popular contestant from the start. Although I was less known, my agency was good at creating buzz.

Taking advantage of my 50% resemblance to her, the agency constantly bought articles for me, eventually securing me a debut spot.

In the popular Xianxia drama that made us famous, it was the same.

She played the white moonlight, and I played her stand-in.

It was a stormy path full of conflicts.

The production team certainly didn't want to give up this kind of hype.

Having signed the contract, I had to follow the rules, so I joined everyone in the minibus.

Actress Ding, holding the host script, was responsible for guiding the conversation and topics.

Everyone started sharing their stories of when they first felt moved by their spouses.

Actress Ding and her husband fell in love while acting together and are a model couple in the industry.

Zhao Qian Qian's story sounded like a movie, recounting how they brushed past each other at a business event and fell in love at first sight.

Her story subtly revealed how much her husband loved her, how wealthy he was, and how much her in-laws adored her.

The live chat was full of envy.

Zhao Qian Qian blushed, "Enough about me, what about you, Ruo Ruo?"

"I've always been curious about your love story with Mr. Song!"

The story of me and Song Zhi Yan was a big, ugly mess.

One sentence: there's no spring for a loyal dog.

Zhao Qian Qian was being malicious.

I replied, " I got him by being a loyal dog. After having him, it feels worse than not having him. Being single is better."

"..."

Everyone fell silent.

Though shocked, everyone maintained their actor's professionalism, not showing it on their faces.

No one responded.

Actress Ding was the first to break the silence.

"Haha, newlyweds often have little quarrels. When I first married Chen, I was annoyed with him every day, always talking about divorce."

Song Zhi Yan, who had been sitting beside me like a mannequin, finally spoke.

"Actually, I had a crush on Little Ruo since high school."

Me: ???

Everyone: ???

I turned to look at Song Zhi Yan.

"Did you eat yesterday morning's sandwich?"

"Are you poisoned?"