Part 7

13

Xu Ruo invited him to her home for a meal.

"I'll make chicken stew for you! A feast."

Song Zhi Yan believed her and went over.

"You're stewing the whole chicken?"

"Yes. Don't worry about how it looks, it's all equally delicious once it's stewed."

Song Zhi Yan sighed again, realizing he needed to learn how to cook.

One day, his grandfather's condition became critical.

He waited at the hospital entrance, hands clenched, fingers white.

Xu Ruo ran in like a gust of wind.

"I skipped class to be here with you."

Song Zhi Yan's parents were busy with work; he had been raised by the family driver and housekeeper.

He always thought he was strong and independent, but now he realized how it felt to have someone by his side.

The doctor brought the surgical consent form.

After signing it, Xu Ruo was stunned.

"Your name is Song Zhi Yan???"

"You told me you were Song Chen."

Song Zhi Yan was indifferent, "My grandfather named me Song Chen. My parents didn't like it, so they changed it."

But the person next to him was still in shock.

"Oh no, I became friends with the protagonist, accidentally changed the plot, and now I can't be the vicious female supporting character!"

She was already dead in her world, and if she couldn't transmigrate into a book, she would truly be dead.

"Don't worry, your grandfather will be fine."

Xu Ruo decided to go with the flow and comfort her friend.

"I need to tell you something. I'm from the future, and I know the plot."

Xu Ruo often said things he couldn't understand, but she never lied.

Song Zhi Yan nodded, feeling slightly reassured.

Sure enough, a few hours later, the doctor reported that the surgery was successful, and his grandfather would be moved to intensive care.

At that moment, Xu Ruo received a long-awaited system notification.

【The timeline has been corrected. You will leave the plot tomorrow.】

Xu Ruo hesitated for a moment but decided to tell Song Zhi Yan.

From tomorrow on, her body would be controlled by the system, and her actions would align with the foolish female supporting character in the novel.

The novel's plot shouldn't be disrupted, or she might never get another chance to transmigrate into this world again.

Her fate was now in Song Zhi Yan's hands.

"I need to tell you something that sounds completely unbelievable, but you have to trust me!"

"In the future, you will fall in love with a girl named Zhao Qian Qian..."

Song Zhi Yan clenched his fists, "I definitely won't like her."

Xu Ruo was indifferent, "You haven't met her yet. The novel says you'll fall in love at first sight!"

"Hey, don't interrupt, listen to the rest!"

"And then I will persistently pursue you and marry you... Why are you laughing? Listen seriously!"

"..."

Song Zhi Yan frowned. His features were still youthful and beautiful, but his eyes held a maturity beyond his years.

"I understand. I will make sure everything goes according to the plot you described."

"Then you must come back soon."

Xu Ruo nodded, "No problem. If all goes well, we'll see each other in five years."

"I won't let go of you, you're too valuable!"

Song Zhi Yan asked one last question.

"What did you originally look like?"

"Pretty much like now, but with short hair..."

That day, he escorted Xu Ruo home and sat on a bench in her neighborhood all night.

The streetlight illuminated his figure.

The next day, he saw the familiar girl walking downstairs, passing by him.

She really didn't recognize him anymore.

He dejectedly got up and returned to the sanatorium, passing the cherry blossom-lined road.

The petals had long since fallen, leaving bare branches.

......

Later on, just like Xu Ruo had said about those plots, he encountered Zhao Qian Qian.

He helped her behind the scenes step by step.

The only difference from the plot was that Zhao Qian Qian confessed to him.

He coldly rejected her.

Tears streamed down Zhao Qian Qian's sharp chin.

"You're lying! You put so much effort into helping me, how can you not like me?"

Song Zhi Yan instructed his secretary to escort Zhao Qian Qian out.

"If you let Ms. Zhao in again, you'll be out of a job."

Xu Ruo also entered the entertainment industry, but the girl he knew had not yet appeared.

She had said they would meet in five years, but it had been eight years already!

Liar!