Chapter 24: Summer and Beyond

**Timeskip (3 days later)**

Ayanokouji is riding down the elevator, wearing his casual clothes. It's the day of the summer festival and a few hours prior, he was bombarded with invitations from his soulmates which he agreed to.

A few days prior, Ayanokouji noticed construction and preparation for the summer festival with tents, stalls, and booths being set up in parks, plazas, and along the main road. There were also lights being installed along the road and the constructed areas. Ayanokouji was curious on what the summer festival has in store for him.

The elevator opened up and Ayanokouji exited and made his way into the lobby.

"Ayanokouji-kun! Over here!" called out Kushida.

Kushida was wearing a stunning bright red kimono with white flowers printed on it. Horikita, Mori, Mii-chan, and Azuma greeted Ayanokouji as they were with Kushida. All of the girls were wearing different multi-colored kimonos. Some had floral prints design while others have animals or a different designs. Horikita's kimono had a hakama skirt. 

"You all look... stunning and beautiful." said Ayanokouji. His remarks instantly caused all of the girls to blush and avert their eyes from him.

"T-Thank you, Ayanokouji-kun."

"S-Smooth!"

"I wouldn't mind if you said that to me."

"Yeah... Wait! Who said that?!"

"I only said the truth. Shall we go?" said Ayanokouji.

With that, the group left the dorm building and headed down the main road where some booths and stalls were set up. The multi-colored lights lit up the evening sky and there was already a crowd of people moving down the road and checking out the stalls. It was the summer festival mood.

"Whoa! The school really went all-out, didn't they?" said Azuma, looking around.

"Candy apple! Does anyone want one?" asked Kushida, noticing the stall.

"I'll take one." said Mii-chan. The others shook their heads and the two girls left and headed towards the stall. The others decided to wait for Mii-chan and Kushida to return. 

"So... is there like sale on kimonos? Looks like everyone is wearing one." said Ayanokouji.

"Can't keep your eyes off me? Wow, Ayanokouji-kun! You're getting bolder every day." said Mori, in a teasing manner.

'Although, I wished that you were like that to only me. Pay attention to me. Not to Kushida-chan, Horikita-san, or anyone else.' thought Mori. She felt a cold stare coming from Horikita and saw that Azuma was rolling her eyes. As expected, Ayanokouji maintained the blank and stoic expression on his face.

"Well, there was a store that started renting kimonos out a few days ago before the festival. There was a huge rush since everybody wanted to get one for the festival." said Azuma.

"I know right! I spent like 2 hours waiting in line to get one and most of the popular kimono designs are all gone!" said Mori.

"It was simpler to order online than wait in a line." said Horikita.

"Yeah, I guess. But, I wanna to see if the kimono that I got fits on my body."

"I suppose that's true."

"Kushida-chan and Mii-chan are back."

Kushida and Mii-chan arrived back with a candy apple on a stick and the group continued down the road and the number of passersby and boys looked over at Ayanokouji and his group. Of course, Ayanokouji wasn't surprised since Kushida is quite popular and cute, so that's why everyone is looking at her and Kushida is also in a kimono. As they walked, they made a detour into a nearby park where there was a bunch of stalls. Ayanokouji noticed that the stall has games and activities where patrons can win prizes.