20. Peace

August 25th 1988

Don't be Cruel was to Bobby what Control was to me, a together more aggressive project that shed his "bubblegum" image completely. But not only did it shed his bubblegum image but it also shed the light Bobby once had. He's always been a little cocky but it was never a cocky that you couldn't laugh at. He would joke with his cockiness and when he did get out of line he would apologize and go back to joking. He doesn't do that anymore. He's completely lost his mind.

The bigger his album gets the bigger his ego gets and the fact that Don't be Cruel and N.E Heartbreak are neck to neck doesn't help. It's all about beating New edition to prove he never needed them and that they needed him.

Everyone notices it except for the fans of course. Thats not what we do. We never let our fans know about any thing that happens behind closed doors. If we have to put on the biggest front around them we will you could be going through the biggest addiction of your life but you will never show that on stage or the media will destroy you. It's all good on the outside but the inside is ugly.

All I know is it takes a strong person to not let money and fame change you.

"He's losing his mind D. He always tryna make a competition with someone." Ronnie said

"Theres so much you don't understand."

"Like what? Im tryna be understanding but yo...he's making it hard."

"Ronnie..."

"What?"

"I did not spend my hard earned money on this tape for movie night so you can talk about Bobby"

"I know. Im sorry. He's just doing a lot."

"Im aware. And im not mad at you for talking about how you feel...for real but...I wanna watch Beetlejuice."

"Say it three times."

"I wouldn't dare."

"You're so scary."

"Im not! The movie wasn't scary...except for that one scene where they summoned them in their wedding clothes and they got all wrinkly." I shuddered and sat back. "Did you see her foot fold? Gah-ross"

He laughed at me. Hard. I thought it was quite disrespectful.

"Anyway." He pulled a pillow on his lap. "Hows the boyfriend?"

I puckered my lips and looked to the side "fine."

"Liar."

"He is fine!"

"Then why haven't you talked about him?"

"Because I feel bad talking about my relationship knowing poor you...you're just lonely...no lovers."

"I have lovers."

"No baby you have hookers."

He opened his mouth in shock "not hookers-"

"Groupies."

"This isn't about me it's about you."

I explained what happened and why I felt upset. He listened even did the "mhm." A few times after a few sentences to show he was listening.

"Are you gonna go see him on tour?"

"I thought maybe it would be best to just wait until the tour stops in L.A. to see him."

"Mm when is that?"

"Uh November I think."

"November? Nigga that's way too long to wait for something like that. You're practically throwing your relationship away."