Chapter 5

❀ ❀ ❀

Author's Pov

❀ ❀ ❀

Trisha was in the middle of getting ready for work when Sandhya called out to her from the kitchen. Her voice carried a mix of anticipation and formality.

"Trisha, come here for a moment."

Trisha wiped her hands on a towel and walked over, her curiosity piqued. Sandhya looked up from the kitchen table where she was arranging some papers.

"I need you to come home early today," Sandhya said, her voice upbeat. "Vikram's family will be coming over around 4 this afternoon. They're bringing a priest with them to confirm the wedding dates and start planning everything."

Trisha's heart sank at the news. She had hoped for a little more time before diving deeper into the wedding preparations, but it seemed the process was accelerating.

"Okay, Mom," Trisha replied, her voice subdued. "I'll make sure to be home on time."

Sandhya gave her a reassuring smile. "Great. I know it's a lot to handle, but it's important that we get everything sorted out. The sooner we get the planning underway, the smoother things will go."

Trisha nodded, though her mind was already swirling with a mix of anxiety and dread about the impending meeting. As she headed back to her room to finish getting ready for work, she felt a growing sense of unease. The reality of her situation was becoming increasingly palpable, and she wished more than ever that things could be different.

❀ ❀ ❀

Prashanti was focused on preparations for the afternoon meeting with Trisha's family. She found Vikram in the living room, buried in work.

"Vikram, come here," she said firmly.

Vikram set aside his documents and walked over with a clipped expression. Prashanti, maintaining her composure, said, "We're expected at Trisha's family home around 4. I need you to drive us. It's important that we make a proper impression."

Vikram's tone was flat. "Fine. I'll drive."

Prashanti nodded, seemingly unfazed by his lack of enthusiasm. "Good. I'll get ready."

With that, Vikram left for his office. Once there, he buried himself in work, but soon realized he had neglected a critical detail: he had no background information on Trisha. This was something he should have arranged earlier but had failed to do.

He called his secretary, Rahul, his voice sharp. "Rahul, I need a background check on Trisha Iyer. Get it done quickly. I should have sorted this out already, but it slipped my mind."

"Understood," Rahul replied, his tone professional. "I'll get the details for you as soon as possible."

Vikram ended the call and continued with his work, his demeanor cold and detached. Rahul promptly gathered the necessary information and delivered it to Vikram.

"Here's the background check on Trisha Iyer," Rahul said, handing over a file.

Vikram took the file without a word of thanks, flipping through the contents with a critical eye.

Personal Information:

Full Name: Trisha Iyer

Date of Birth: December 27, 2001

Current Age: 23 years old

Occupation: Psychologist, running her own small clinic

Educational Background and Interests: