Prologue

❀ ❀ ❀

Author's Pov

❀ ❀ ❀

Trisha was sitting on her chair while a beautiful South Indian bride looked back at her through the mirror. It was her reflection.

The saree was hand-crafted with luxurious silk in a regal red colour, gracefully draped around her body.

She was adorned with pieces of jewellery carefully crafted from gold and embellished in both diamonds and rubies, the maang tikka, the jhumkas, necklaces, bangles, waistband and anklets.

Her hair was styled in a beautiful yet intricate manner and adorned with flowers and hair accessories.

Her honey eyes lingered on her face while she gazed back at her reflection. She couldn't help but smile at her fate as she remembered who she had to marry in just a couple hours.

Her eyes lowered from the mirror as she searched for a particular name in her Henna-adorned hands. Vikram. She had found it.

Her face held a sad smile as she recollected her mother saying, " The darker the henna stain, the more deeply the groom loves you."

And yes, it was dark. Darker than it had ever been every time she applied henna on her hands.

"You should be glad your to-be-husband loves you deeply.", Her mind mocked her.

It was sad that she had to agree with her mind. He did "love" her very deeply.

A deep warning rang in her body as she remembered him saying, " Every drop of tear you shed for others, I will make sure to kill those bastards and compensate in blood. "

As she heard her friends walk in, She inhaled deeply and forced a smile.

No one can know who he is, not yet.

He would be furious if he found out that she was crying on our big day.

It will all be fine, she convinced herself.

❀ ❀ ❀

Trisha's Pov

❀ ❀ ❀

I smiled, for all I can do right now is smile. I agreed for the wedding. I wanted it. And yet I ruined my own life. That's how you feel right now. Mocked my conscience.

My parents thought they knew him. Fuck, even his parents thought they knew him. They thought they were doing the best for both of us.

But now I knew the real him. I saw the real him with my eyes. And no one can tell me that I was either dreaming or delusional. I know what I saw.

I saw the monster he is.

Many people did, but they were cowards to face him, just like me.

With his god-like looks and his way with words, Nobody would believe me if I told them that he was part of the Mafia. No one and yet here I was waiting to go onto the mandap and marry him. Marry a monster in disguise.

❀ ❀ ❀
Author's Pov
❀ ❀ ❀
What SHE didn't know was that he was not just part of the Mafia, He was The Mafia.
❀ ❀ ❀