Mother Love

World War 3 had broken out. It left destruction in its wake as nations revealed their true intentions. Nuclear war threatened the very existence of mankind, causing unimaginable devastation. In the midst of this chaos, Mary, a young mother, found herself pregnant with her husband's child. He was serving in the military and had built a bunker for them to take refuge in during such catastrophic times. The world outside was now uninhabitable due to nuclear fallout, turning it into a barren wasteland. 

With only a few months left before her baby was due, Mary faced an uncertain future in their isolated sanctuary

With only a few months left before her baby was due, Mary faced an uncertain future in their isolated sanctuary. Months have passed since the nuclear war ravaged the Earth, leaving Mary alone in the bunker with her growing baby. She struggled to find solace in the isolation, her heart still heavy from the loss of her husband and family. As she gently rubbed her swollen belly, she began to think about how she was going to survive when the supplies ran out. What kind of world would her child be born into? Desperation clawed at her as she tried to come up with a plan to ensure her survival in this desolate landscape.

Mary anxiously checked her bunker's remaining supplies: food, water and other essentials. To her horror, they were down to just 10%. She had enough to keep them going for two weeks at most. Time was running out. She knew she couldn't stay underground forever. She gathered her courage and decided to venture to the surface. Despite the unknown dangers that awaited her.Before stepping out, she checked the computer monitoring system connected to sensors outside the bunker. The air quality was unbearably bad, thick with radiation and ash from the destroyed cities. The temperature was soaring due to the lack of any natural climate control.In spite of these terrible conditions, Mary knew that she had no choice but to face them head on, for the sake of her unborn child.

For days, Mary agonised over how she could safely leave the bunker while heavily pregnant. She didn't want her child to suffer from the toxic air and radiation outside. As she delved deeper into the storage area, she found some tools and supplies that might help: a gas mask and a protective suit. It seemed like a good idea. But after some research, she discovered that a gas mask wouldn't be enough to filter out the dangerous levels of radiation. Determined to protect her baby, Mary decided to modify the suit to provide additional radiation protection. She spent hours sealing all possible openings and reinforcing the material in the hope that it would provide some form of shield against the deadly radiation. She knew there were no guarantees, and the risks were immense, despite her best efforts.

Mary's desperation grew as she realised the gas mask wouldn't be enough to protect her from the toxic air. She searched deeper into the storeroom, hoping to find something that might help, but came up empty-handed. Frustration and fear gripped her as she sat with her head in her hands.

Suddenly, a message flashed on the computer screen. Oxygen levels in her bunker were rapidly depleting, dropping to a dangerously low 5%. This new crisis added to her growing stress and anxiety.

Mary knew she had to act quickly to save herself and her unborn child from suffocation, as her options were limited and time was running out. Mary's intense stress caused an asthma attack.