07

ـــــــــــــــﮩ٨ـ♡

As Sol's vision began to blur, the first face she saw through the haze was Sunjae's

As Sol's vision began to blur, the first face she saw through the haze was Sunjae's. He had rushed to her side, his expression etched with deep concern as he reached out to steady her.

"Sol-ah! Are you alright?" Sunjae's voice was laced with worry, his brow furrowed as he carefully inspected the bloodied nose that had become the focus of everyone's attention.

Without a moment's hesitation, Sunjae gently wrapping one arm around Sol's waist, he carefully maneuvered her onto his back.

As Sunjae carried her, Sol was utterly stunned, her mind reeling from the whirlwind of emotions she had experienced in the span of just a few minutes. The warmth of Sunjae's body and the steady rhythm of his movements only served to heighten her state of confusion.

The tears welled in her eyes, spilling down her cheeks as Sunjae navigated the campus, his focus solely on getting her the medical attention she needed.

Was she crying because of the pain from the injury to her nose? Or was it something deeper – a well of emotions that she had been desperately trying to suppress, now bubbling to the surface in the wake of Sunjae's concern towards her?

"Hang in there, Sol-ah," Sunjae called out, his voice laced with urgency as he rounded a corner, his feet pounding against the pavement. "We're almost there."

As Sunjae gently lowered Sol onto the examination table in the sick bay, he was immediately struck by the sight of tears rolling down her cheeks. His brow furrowed with concern, and a wave of confusion washed over him.

"Sol-ah? What's wrong?" Sunjae asked, his voice laced with worry as he reached out to gently wipe away the tears from her face. "Are you in a lot of pain? I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have let the ball hit you.."

Sunjae's words were tinged with a hint of self-reproach, as if he was blaming himself for the unfortunate incident.

His gaze remained fixed on her face, his heart aching at the sight of her tears," Sol-ah?"

Mustering her courage, Sol met Sunjae's eyes, her own filled with a mixture of vulnerability and a hint of apprehension.

"..If she's your someone special.."

"..then why do you care so much about me?"

The only words tumbled from her lips as she quietly sobbed, the tears kept on falling from her cheeks to her school uniform as she lowered her head, avoiding eye contact with sunjae.