Not Convinced

John yelled, "Whatever you're planning: this can't be beneficial!"

MacDonald retorted, "In your timeline do people not shut up?"

"A bomb. A timeline bomb. For what purposes?!"

"We have no reason to tell you anything."

"I am a General!"

"John, so am I. Be quiet."

"How long am I going to be here?"

"However long it takes to get ahold of Georgiana."

"What do you need her for? She's a civilian."

"John, you focus on your interrogation to a point where you struggle to see the obvious."

"I don't follow."

"Georgiana, ours, is working with us. You saw her."

"And? How does that relate to me?"

"..Oh she hasn't told you."

"Told me what?"

"Lorelei, lock the cell, I'm going on break."

A lady with straight, brown-ish hair locked the doors, as her and MacDonald left, leaving John in darkness. He had no choice but to sleep in the coldness of his containment.

Outside of HQ, and the Witchwood for that matter, Georgiana was in the local Hatchetfield library. She logged in to the high-tech computers and into PEIP Records. She typed faster than most people could, able to enter passwords and PINs without much thought. Within a minute she got into the records, opening up a forum:

Operation Q17.

MacDonald: Today is the final day, the perfect timeline is within reach, we've just yet to contain 6B.

Maples: Yes, sir.

Trippers: Yes, sir.

MacDonald: How is the portal?

Arrington: I ignited it for a matter transportation, and it spat out this.. book.

MacDonald: What book?

Arrington: 'Push The Universe Back', by a.. John MacNamara.

MacDonald: I'm sorry, what?

Andrews: It's all true, sir.

MacDonald: It appears the universe is trying to mock me.

Lee: Don't think too much of it, sir.

Dale: I'm on field duty. Pasquallies.

Raz: As am I. Lakeside.

MacDonald: Everybody: all hands on deck. We just need the last imprint.

Dale: That's going to take a while, sir.

MacDonald: I need it done today. We have until midnight to collect what we need. I have not been breaking my neck to see you bunch ruin everything.

Dale: No, sir.

MacDonald: Get to it.

Dale: Yes, sir.

Georgiana scrolled deeper into the logs, all the way back to the beginning of the operation 2 years ago. She read lightning-quick, getting the gist of what was said.

The plans had been outlined from the very start. General John MacDonald wanted to create the best timeline he could, and this required work. Sacrifice. He'd began work on reconnecting the portal to serve PEIP's will. The Black & White was useless to them. They'd recalibrated it, with Xander's calculations, to an alternative timeline. Georgiana's timeline. With fine tuning, they were able to travel to any particular point in space. They used this to gather information about the universe selected. They'd listened in on logs, observed how people behaved. It was a universe "where everything was backwards." Eventually, MacDonald planned to take John and Georgiana (labelled Units 6A and 6B) as 'imprints'. Signs of multiversal travel. From there, MacDonald could travel to the 'perfect' universe. With enough fine tuning, a few sacrifices, and a fuck ton of voltage. A LOT of voltage. Reader, you do not know how much voltage this was going to take. Xander Lee specified as such.