09: Housemates

With her Jaewon High School summer uniform on and a towel neatly wrapped around her head indicating her newly showered state as she emerged from the now shared bathroom of hers and Zack, Iseul can't help but let out a scoff as she was met with the sight of the latter still messily sprawled on the bed, snoring as if he doesn't have any class to attend to in an hour.

The blonde reached out to grab the empty glass placed on the nightstand and went back in the bathroom to fill it up in the faucet. Although the temptation to spill the water at Zack in order to wake him up was strong, Iseul restrained herself to do so as she didn't want to cause unnecessary inconvenience to the male's mother by drenching the heavy bedsheets.

As Zack remained fast asleep, drooling unashamedly with the sheets beneath him staining from it, Iseul instead used the glass of water to pour it into the male's parted lips. The liquid steadily trickled from the glass, landing accurately into his open mouth, until it sprayed out when Zack woke up in a choking fit.

"What the fuck!"

Zack swiftly sat up, his face turning into a crimson shade due to his relentless fits of coughing. In between those, he shot an irritated glare at the blonde standing near his bed. Nevertheless, Iseul couldn't take him seriously given his disheveled morning appearance.

"Good morning to you, dipshit. Your alarm was set 15 minutes before class starts, really? No wonder why you're always late."

Despite the male flipping her off, Iseul paid him no mind as she proceeded to exit the bedroom, only for her steps to halt as she noticed a pair of freshly bought designer DG Jordans on her path.

"From who the hell did you steal these from?" she queried, kicking the shoes aside.

"Some bastard who tried to scam me."

"I had to save up for a month to buy these, lucky ass bitch." she bitterly muttered under her breath.

Exiting his room, Iseul left the door slightly ajar as she descended the stairs of their new home. Upon entering the kitchen, she was greeted by the intoxicating aroma of various mouth-watering dishes while her mother and Zack's mother were engaged in a lively discussion in the early morning as they prepared breakfast for everyone.

"Good morning!" she greeted them in which they reciprocated.

Iseul skipped towards her mother, who was cooking by the stove, and planted a tender peck on her cheek as a show of affection. As she stood close, she opened her mouth, eyes twinkling in anticipation.

With a soft chuckle, Seol yielded to her daughter's demands and gently placed a newly cooked sausage in her mouth, only for the teen to aggressively blow out like a fire-breathing dragon as she chewed the piece.

"Fuck! It's hot." Iseul cursed, which earned her a slap in the mouth.

Shortly after, Zack made his entrance, rubbing his eyes in an effort to shake off his morning drowsiness. The male, however, appeared to be a lot more well-put-together than his previous appearance, having already adorned in his school uniform.

"Look who didn't take a bath." Iseul teased as she helped arrange the dining table.

"Oh shut it." Zack retorted despite the statement being true.

Despite the morning rush-hour being a fitting time for an individual who aims to stay clean within the rest of the day, Zack had rather made a habit of taking a bath at sundown, right after he got home from school, in order to cleanse the sticky products that had been applied to his hair earlier that day.

Although Zack's routine was somewhat unconventional, Iseul has been engaged in similar practices, namely when she would feel the need to grab an additional hour of shut-eye or if her laziness got the better of her during the early hours of the day.