Chapter 4: hang out time!! and something else...

(a/n more than 100 reads already? I'm actually so happy rn the story's only been out since the June 8th 2024 and it's the 12th at the time I'm writing this. Also plz comment I have zero rn)

(y/n) woke up ready to start the day. They got ready, and went out, half expecting to see Shelly. But she wasn't there, because (y/n)'s Starr Park tutorial had been completed and Shelly had to do work. What should I do, then? Their question was answer when Emz walked by, and it seemed she was also bored and had nothing to do, because the zombie came up to (y/n) and asked a question.
"Wanna hang out?" Of course, (y/n) said yes. "Ok let's gossip! Do you know anything juicy about the other brawlers? Or can you tell me anything about yourself? Like your crush, if you have one." Emz noticed the way (y/n) blushed at this last part and smirked. "Spill," she commanded.
"Yeah, who is (y/n)'s crush?" Piper said. Neither of the other two kicked Piper out, so she asked again: "(y/n), who's your crush?" She and Emz started guessing. "Edgar? Chester?—"
"Eww...I ship them with someone else," (y/n) said. "Edgar belongs with Colette and Chester loves Mandy."
"Aha! See Piper, Edgar does like Colette!" Emz said. The two started arguing which descended into shipping again. Piper shipped Jessie and Leon, but Emz was arguing on the side of Leon x Sandy. They seemed to like gossiping a lot and were very passionate about it but they paused when they saw (y/n)'s face turn redder than a tomato. Piper and Emz whipped their heads backward just in time to see Fang, and they knew.
"You like Fang!" They both shouted in victory.

"Wtf don't say that so loud," (y/n) "And you don't know that for sure," they argued.

"We know all about these things don't worry," Emz said and gestured to herself and Piper. "Who do you think got Shelly and Colt to think past their differences and get together? Or counseled Draco to tell Melodie that he liked her? Or--"

"Okay, okay," (y/n) held their hands up in surrender. "I get the point. But don't tell anyone that i like him. Okay?"
"Don't worry honey," Piper told them. "We have things to do." Piper and Emz shared a look. (y/n) was a little suspicious about what things they had to do, but because they trusted the two female brawlers didn't ask questions and watched them walk away whispering to each other.

----------------------------Time skip---------------------------------------------------

"Okay heres the plan:--" Emz told (y/n). Emz came up to them and whispered something, but (y/n) didn't here her because they had to ask a question.

"What plan?"

"The plan to get yo' man," Piper filled in. (y/n) hid their fac . "Believe in us, sugar."

"Yeah!" Emz piped in. "Anyways, here's the plan: ..."

-------OPERATION FANG Phase 1----------------------------------

(Y/n) was waiting in their room for the two girls to execute the first stage: bring Fang near (y/n). They heard Emz's voice in the distance. "Oh yeah, so we need your help with this..."

Emz abruptly pushed Fang into the room, slammed the door closed while locking form the outside. "Um...so Piper and Emz said you needed help," Fang started. "Soo... what do you need help with?"

"Nothing..." (y/n) responded. "Um... i think the girls locked us in here..."

"Okay...so wanna talk?" Fang said with a goofy grin. "How 'bout we play a game? Say some random things?" (y/n) nodded yes. "Oki ill start...i can make it rain popcorn."

"Wow...cool!" replied (y/n). "um...idk, i love SOUR stuff (a/n comment where you think the reference is from and i do love sour candy)."

"Ok how about this," Fang said. "Whats ur favorite animal? Mine is dragon." He then demonstrated his hypercharge: a move called Dragon Kick, where he used his super, called Sneak Ahead, but while he was doing that, some popcorn dropped on the floor. . (y/n) replied that their favorite animal was (f/a).

The question (y/n) asked next was a classic: "What's your favorite color?" 

"Oh, i'm not sure...probably red (ed-ed-ed 1989 rep--ok ill stop comment where the reference is from). I don't really know but like red is a lucky color in my culture so...yeah. What about you?" In that moment his phone started ringing. "Hey Maisie!" a voice sounded from the phone pretty loudly. 

"Don't 'Hey Maisie!' me! You're supposed to be at the movie theater! Remember? Buster asked you if you could do something there this morning at this time and you were like, 'Challeng accepted!' Get yo ahh (a/n oki sry lmao) over here!" Maisie finished her mini rant/yapping and sighed, waiting for Fang's excuse. 

"Emz and Piper trapped me in here with (y/n) so i cant come." said Fang. Maisie snickered and said something on the phone. (y/n) couldnt hear it but upon hearing it, Fang blushed, scarlet creeping on his face. 

Then Maisie said something louder: "Hurry up, go hc and yellow button since youre locked in. Or i might have to come and help." Fang sweat dropped. "No Maisie, you don't have to come in," he said to the Master of Disaster

He then turned to (y/n). "This was fun! Let's do it again in a few hours after im back form the movie theater. Wanna just meet up there?" When (y/n) responded yes, he activated his hypercharge and supered through a wall? Wile saying goodbye, of course. At least now (y/n) had somehting to look forward to this afternoon. 

When they came out of their door, (y/n) realized they could get out by lockpicking! So stupid. Woops!

-------------time skip to after Fang is back--------------------------------------

(y/n) walked to the movie theater at the time Fang said to meet up, but no one was there...Where was Fang? (y/n) searched around for Fang, before going to the back and not believing what they saw: It was Fang...but HE WAS KISSING JANET?