Chapter 14

Enna's POV

The morning sun filtered through the curtains, casting warm light across the room. I stretched and rubbed my eyes, feeling a mixture of anticipation and unease. Today was going to be different. Today, we were going to address the future of our group.

As I made my way downstairs, the scent of breakfast wafted through the air. William was already at the stove, flipping pancakes, and whistling a cheerful tune. Willow sat at the table, sipping coffee, while Nova and Stacy chatted quietly in the corner.

"Good morning, everyone," I said, trying to inject some enthusiasm into my voice.

"Morning, Enna," William replied, flashing me a grin. "Pancakes are almost ready."

I nodded, grabbing a plate and settling down at the table. My mind was elsewhere, though, focused on the upcoming meeting.

Kevin walked in a few moments later, his expression serious but determined. He greeted everyone and then cleared his throat, drawing our attention. "Alright, everyone. Once we finish breakfast, we need to have a team meeting. It's important."

The mood shifted immediately. We all sensed the gravity in Kevin's voice and quickly finished eating. As we gathered in the living room, a sense of anticipation hung in the air.

Kevin stood at the front, looking around at each of us. "We've been through a lot together, and it's clear that we need strong, consistent leadership to guide us through the challenges ahead. Enna, you've proven time and again that you have what it takes to lead us not just in battle but in every aspect of our lives."

I felt my heart skip a beat, realizing what he was about to say. Kevin continued, "I believe it's time we make it official. Enna, I want you to be our full-time leader."

There was a murmur of agreement from the group. Nova and Stacy nodded, while William and Willow smiled encouragingly. Violace, who had been sitting quietly, looked up and gave me a supportive nod.

I stood up, feeling a mix of pride and responsibility. "Thank you, Kevin. And thank you, everyone, for your trust. I'll do my best to lead us, not just in battle but in everything we face. We're a team, and together, we can overcome anything."

The room filled with applause, and for a moment, the weight of recent events lifted. We were united, and I felt a renewed sense of purpose.

Kevin stepped forward, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know you will, Enna. We've all seen your strength and compassion. You're exactly what we need."

"Thank you, Kevin," I said, meeting his gaze. "I won't let you down."

After the meeting, we spent the day planning and discussing our next steps. There was a lot to do, but we were ready to face whatever challenges came our way.

That evening, as the sun set, I found myself standing outside, looking up at the stars. The weight of leadership felt lighter knowing that I had the support of my friends.

Nova joined me, her presence comforting. "How are you feeling, Leader Enna?"

I chuckled softly. "A little overwhelmed, but ready. We have a lot to do, and I know it won't be easy. But with all of you by my side, I believe we can do it."

Nova nodded. "We can. And we'll be right there with you, every step of the way."

I looked at her, feeling grateful for her friendship and support. "Thank you, Nova. For everything."

She smiled. "Anytime, Enna. We're in this together."

As we stood there, side by side, I felt a sense of peace. The road ahead would be tough, but we were ready. Together, we would face whatever came our way and emerge stronger for it.

And so, under the starlit sky, we made a silent vow to each other and to our fallen friends. We would honor their memories by continuing to fight, to protect, and to lead. For the future, for each other, and for the world we believed in.