Chapter 15

Violett's POV

The soft hum of my purple LED lights casts a calming glow across my room. It's always been my sanctuary, a place where I can escape the chaos of the outside world and just be myself. My desk, sleek and black, stands against the wall, adorned with my trusty laptop and a few scattered papers that hold my thoughts and plans.

Tonight feels different, though. There's an unease settling in my chest, a restlessness that refuses to be silenced. Luna's absence weighs heavily on all of us, but I feel it in a way that's hard to put into words. She was more than just a teammate; she was family.

I glance at the digital clock on my desk – 11:37 PM. The house is quiet now, everyone else lost in their own thoughts or dreams. Sometimes I envy their ability to sleep peacefully. My mind races with questions, doubts, and fears about what lies ahead for us.

Leaning back in my chair, I run a hand through my hair, feeling the cool strands between my fingers. The events of the past days replay in my mind like a relentless film reel. Glitchtrap's resurgence, Luna's sacrifice, and now this eerie calm settling over everything.

Outside my window, the moon casts its pale light over the neighborhood, bathing everything in a silvery glow. It's a stark contrast to the darkness that seems to be closing in on us. What are we supposed to do now? How do we fight something that feels so much bigger than us?

A soft knock at my door breaks me out of my thoughts. "Come in," I call out, not bothering to turn around. The door creaks open, and Enna steps inside, her expression a mix of concern and determination.

"Hey," she says softly, leaning against the door frame. "Can't sleep?"

I manage a half-smile, grateful for her presence. "Not really. Just thinking."

She nods, understanding flickering in her eyes. "About Luna?"

I nod in response. "Yeah. And everything else."

Enna walks over to my desk, her steps barely making a sound on the carpeted floor. "We'll figure it out, Vio-lace," she says, her voice steady and reassuring. "We always do."

I meet her gaze, feeling a surge of gratitude for her unwavering strength. "Thanks, Enna."

She gives me a small smile. "Anytime."

As she turns to leave, a thought occurs to me. "Enna?"

She pauses, looking back at me expectantly.

"Do you ever wonder if we're doing the right thing?" I ask quietly, my voice barely above a whisper.

Enna hesitates for a moment before crossing the room to stand beside me. "All the time," she admits, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "But I know we're doing our best. And sometimes, that's enough."

With a final reassuring smile, she leaves me alone with my thoughts once more. I watch her go, feeling a flicker of hope ignite within me. Maybe we can find a way through this darkness after all.