Chapter 16

The walls were adorned with posters of her favorite bands and artists, creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere. Her laptop, adorned with purple stickers, rested on her desk nearby, its screen displaying a playlist of soothing instrumental music.

She stared out the window, watching the last rays of sunlight paint the sky in hues of orange and pink. It had been a tumultuous day, filled with challenges and unexpected turns. But now, in the quiet sanctuary of her room, Violett could finally reflect on everything that had transpired.

Thoughts raced through her mind—about her friends, the battles they had fought, and the losses they had endured. Luna's absence weighed heavily on her heart, a constant reminder of the sacrifices they had all made in their quest to protect their world.

As she gazed at the stars beginning to twinkle in the evening sky, memories flooded back. She recalled Luna's infectious laughter and unwavering bravery, the way she had always been there to lift their spirits in the darkest of times. Violett closed her eyes, trying to summon the strength she needed to carry on without her.

A soft knock on her door interrupted her thoughts. "Violett, are you okay?" It was Stacy, her voice filled with concern.

"Yeah," Violett replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "Just thinking."

Stacy entered the room, her presence bringing a sense of comfort. She walked over and sat beside Violett on the bed. "It's hard," Stacy said softly. "Losing Luna like this."

Violett nodded, unable to find the words to express the ache in her heart. Stacy placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, offering silent support.

"I miss her too," Stacy continued, her voice barely audible. "But we have to stay strong. For Luna, and for all of us."

Violett looked at Stacy, gratitude welling up inside her. They sat in silence for a while, finding solace in each other's company.

Finally, Violett spoke, her voice steadier now. "You're right, Stacy. We'll find a way through this. Together."

Stacy smiled softly. "Always."

Outside, the stars continued to twinkle, casting their gentle light over the world below. Violett knew that Luna was among them now, watching over them with her eternal light. And as she closed her eyes, she felt a sense of peace settle over her, knowing that their journey was far from over.