Jacket pt3

Ishan's pov

I woke up around 9 a.m to find Shubman sitting next to me, scrolling his phone. Wait- his phone? I looked around to realize we were in a hotel room and it wasn't mine. He brought me to his room... had I been in such a deep sleep that I hadn't realized any of it? He noticed I was awake and instantly put his phone away.
"How are you feeling now?"
"Uhhh- I feel fine?"

Now that I thought about it, I feel exhausted and my body hurts. I don't feel fine at all.
"Do you really?"
"...no"
Shubman nodded his head.
"You had a fever."
"How did we get out of the room?"
Shubman scratched the back of his neck...in embarrassment?
"A guard let us out..."

I just nodded and noticed a bowl of water with a towel in it, on the side table. I, then looked at Shubman again, now noticing that he had bags under his eyes and he looked like he hadn't slept at all. He looked exhausted.
"Did you stay up all night?"
"Maybe.... I'm going to go call a doctor."
He quickly left the room and I was left behind to wonder just how wrong I was about him.

He came back along with the team doctor, followed by our worried looking teammates. Surya bhai started scolding Rishabh, and blamed himself for believing Rish, since he had told bhai that I would be sleeping in his room. Rohit bhai was holding his head in his hands, looking absolutely done with these idiots, which probably included me aswell. Kd bhai looked apologetic and Virat bhai looked furious.

Meanwhile, Harry bhai was sitting next to me, examining me, as if he was the doctor. All of this chaos unfolding all at once, but my eyes were on Shubman, who was looking at the doctor, rather impatiently. After the doctor checked me out and declared it was nothing serious and that I'd be alright in a couple days, I saw Shubman breathing a sigh of relief.
"Ishan"

I turned to look at Surya bhai, who had called me.
"Come on! Let's go back to our room."
I turned to look at Shubman, who was already looking at me.
"Uhhh- I'll just stay here...."
I said still looking at Shubman and I saw his eyes widening.
"-too tired to move."
I added to not seem so suspicious.

I just realized I had asked to stay in Shubman's room! And that too without even asking him if it was alright, first. Why would he even want me here? I was sick and would only be a burden for him. He didn't want to take care of me, he was probably already exhausted from doing it last night. I waited for him to protest. To tell me to get out. But to my surprise, none of it came.

Everyone was still looking at me surprised and I just closed my eyes, not wanting to face them. I could hear everyone slowly clear the room and when the door finally shut, I opened my eyes back up. I found Shubman staring at me intensely, with an expression on his face, I couldn't quite decipher.
"I'm sorry! I didn't even ask you if it was alright to stay-"
"It's alright."

He answered, before I could even finish my sentence and I nodded my head.
"So did you really carry me here and take care of me all night?"
After about a minute, he finally answered.
"Yeah"
"Why?"
He just shrugged, sitting down on the bed next to me.
"You aren't as bad as I thought..."

"You know when we first met and I told you your costume was nice, I wasn't being sarcastic! I genuinely meant-"
"What costume?"
I interrupted his miny rant and he looked at me surprised.
"You don't even remember why you started hating me...do you?"
"...I do"

"Wait! So it's not that?"
I shook my head. I thought about what he was saying and finally remembered.
"Ahhh- that! I remember giving you a smile... why did you think it was the costume thing?"
"Because you started being rude to me right after that?"
I thought about whether I should tell him or not and realized that he was a good person. He hadn't deserved any of what I had given him.

Well only at first. I remember being rude to him and despite it all he was always nice. But then after a while, he started picking fights with me as well. I didn't blame him for it though. I was the one who had started it. Despite all of it, he deserved to know.
"Okayy I don't remember the exact incident or when it happened but I remember why.."
"Why?"

"So you know how you and Abhishek are reallyyy close?"
"...Yes? We are bestfriends...?"
"Yes. Well I know it's stupid, but back then, I used to like him, a lot! We were good friends too, but the minute you'd arrive, he would completely ignore me and give all his attention to you... and I hated you for it."
It took him a while to process.
"So you treated me like shit, all because of a stupid crush!?"

"Hey! It wasn't just a stupid crush, I really liked him.."
"Well I'm sorry! That makes it all better now."
He threw it at me sarcastically.
"You know what? All this time I thought you disliked me due to a misunderstanding or because, I was just, me. And I thought it was all horrible."
He looked at me, hurt visible in his eyes.

"But now you come and tell me that it wasn't my fault at all. And that's not even the worst part! The worst part is that all this while, whenever you saw me, all you thought of was Abhishek. And this just feels worse, way worse... I wish I never knew."
Saying that he got up and left, leaving me there again, for the second time, to wonder. He was right. It was all horrible. I was horrible.

I had hated a person, all this time, without it being his fault, at all. I had hated him, because I liked his bestfriend and it made no sense. It made me feel like a horrible person.

________________________________________

sksksksksks hihi