Jacket pt5

Shubman's pov

I tried to ignore Ishan to the best of my abilities. It already sucked enough to be stuck in a one-sided love, but finding out that the person you are in love with, was in love with your bestfriend? Unimaginable. I know he told me he liked Abhishek, as in past tense, liked. The look I saw on his face though, it didn't look like it was in the past. I saw the way he looked at us. He was doing it again.

It was the same way he used to look at us from the start. Whenever I got too close to Abhishek, laughed and hugged him. He had the same look on his face. The look that screamed jealousy. Ishan didn't know I noticed. Ofcourse, I did though. I always noticed him. I was always secretly looking at him, without him knowing. He tried to be subtle with his gaze and his jealousy. And maybe he was subtle, but not to me.

I always knew what he was thinking before anyone else. If he was still jealous of Abhi and I's friendship and closeness, it could only mean one thing. He still liked Abhishek. And that broke my heart, further. When he got injured, it took everything in me, to pretend I didn't care. I tried to give Ishan what he wanted, and refused to tag along with them, but Abhi was stubborn.

I tried to look like I didn't want to be there, but I couldn't ignore him. Even after everything I went to check up on him and see if he took his medicines. Abhi had had enough of my sulking, the next day and declared that we were going out. I didn't want to, but it would be stupid of me to think I even had a choice. I thought we were going to go alone, but he asked everyone from the team to join us.

Not everyone agreed but quite a few people did. Oh and did I mention, Ishan was one of them. So much for trying to avoid him. Abhi had decided that it was a good time to trek and thus we were all at the bottom of the hill looking at the top. It was freezing and we were in no condition to do anything except cuddle with our blanket in bed, but according to Abhi, this was the perfect whether.

As much as I denied it in front of him, deep down I knew winter was the perfect weather to trek. But from down here, the top looked so far away. I heard everyone groan around me.
"Why did I even agree to this?"
I heard Surya bhai saying. Ishan, who was standing next to him, with an injured arm might I add, didn't agree though. Abhishek took the lead and Ishan followed suit.

The rest of us just stared at them, probably planning to make our escape until Abhi stopped and turned around. He glared at all of us and we quietly started following him. I walked a little behind Ishan and despite Abhi from in front of him, stopping and staring at me multiple times, hinting for me to speed up and walk next to him. I stayed behind Ishan. I just wanted to keep an eye on him.

To make sure he wasn't going to get himself further injured. Ishan slowed down on multiple occasions and if I didn't know any better, I would've thought he wanted me to catch up to him and walk beside him. Half way through, Abhi himself got tired and sat down, but when I saw Ishan not stopping, I didn't either. After a couple minutes I looked behind me to realize no one else was there.

They all must've stopped. Great! That leaves me alone with Ishan. I contemplated on stopping and letting Ishan continue alone, but I couldn't. After a while, I got tired and stopped for a breath. I realized a presence next to me and looked up to see Ishan, handing me a bottle of water. Wait... He was walking in front of me... How did he know I had stopped?

After a couple minutes, we continued to trek, this time, walking next to each other. I kept cursing Abhi in my head, but the minute we reached the top, I knew it had been worth it. The view was beautiful. Ishan and I stood there in silence, admiring it. The wind had picked up and after looking back for the twentieth time, I saw no one else had reached.
"I'm cold."

I removed my jacket and handed it to Ishan, without a word, but he shook his head. I tried to forcefully put it on him, but he moved back and angered by all my emotions and feelings and hurt and his indifference, I put my jacket back on. He moved closer to me.
"What are you doing?"
He didn't reply and stood in front of me. His back was facing me. He then took the flaps of my jacket and wrapped it around himself.

I wanted to push him away. To push my feelings away. But I couldn't. And so I let him use me.
"We should go back and check on them..."
I said after a while.
"There's no use. They must've left already."
"WAIT WHAT? You think they left us here?"
"Most probably. It's too cold."

"Then why are you still here? Don't you want to go to Abhishek?"
"Nope! I'm good here."
What did he mean by that? I was too caught up in my own thoughts, to hear him further. I knew he was saying something but my brain couldn't process it. He turned around and I wrapped my arms around him so that my jacket would still cover him. He stared at me for a while.

"What?"
"You didn't answer my question."
I looked at him, confused.
"I asked if you like me too?"
"Huh?"
"You didn't hear anything, did you?"
I shook my head, nervously and he sighed.
"I was confessing to you, I wasn't looking at you because I was nervous, but you didn't even listen to me!"

"I'm sorry..."
"I said I like you!"
"You what?"
He shook his head and then stood on his tippy toes and pulled the collar of my jacket and pressed his lips to mine. I didn't respond but when he bit my lip, I finally started kissing him back. I couldn't even believe we were kissing. Was I dreaming? No but then it wouldn't have hurt when he bit my lip. I WASN'T DREAMING? HE SAID HE LIKED ME? HE WAS KISSING ME??

When the realization hit me, I held him tighter, deepening the kiss. He moaned and I shoved my tongue in his mouth. We were making out, until I heard something dropping. We pulled apart and looked back. Everyone was staring at us gape mouthed and eyes widened. Guess they hadn't left after all...Ishan and I stepped away from each other, but he gave me a small shy smile.
"NOT IN PUBLIC MOTHERFU-"

The End.

________________________________________

I'm sorry I went mia 😔