Chapter 21: Playpen

Superstar - Jamelia

★・・・・・・★

JULIANNA'S POV
"Kika!" I squeal running up to her and pulling her into a gentle hug, kissing her lightly on both cheeks.

"Julie!" She returns, doing the same.

"Heyyyy," Gianna says, wiggling her fingers at Kika.

"Hi, Gigi," Kika greets as well.

"Oh!" I add, stepping to the left. "This is Clara, my best friend and co-writer,"

"Gosh, you're gorgeous," Clara says, blushing. "It's great to meet you,"

"You're beautiful," Kika compliments back. "It's nice to meet you too,"

Gianna nudges Clara, who only rolls her eyes, but keeps smiling.

"Let's head inside," I say.

Everyone nods, making their way to the restaurant's front counter.

"Table for four, under Julianna Dumont," I tell the attendant.

"Right this way," he says, leading us to a nice table next to a window, giving us a great view of Paris.

"This place is so good, by the way," Clara says excitedly. "Julie always brings us here,"

"'Cause she's got celebrity money," Gianna remarks, causing me to slap her shoulder.

Kika laughs. "I've been here with Pierre once. The arrabbiata is amazing,"

We take a look at the menus and order our dishes, as well as some margaritas.

"Congrats on the album, Julianna," Kika smiles. "It's literally so good— Playpen and Must Be Love went straight into my favourites. In fact, I've just been listening to the album on loop,"

"I saw you posted it on your story!" I comment. "You're seriously the best Kika,"

"Are you two coming to press later?" Kika turns her focus to Clara and Gianna.

"I am, but Clara's busy," Gianna answers.

"Oh, how come?" Kika asks, genuinely disappointed.

"University," Clara answers in annoyance. "Do not take a PhD, it's so hard,"

"Woah! You're a PhD student?"

"Unfortunately," Clara chuckles.

"What do you study?"

"Linguistics," Clara answers. "Historical linguistics,"

"Ah, I see," Kika nods as our drinks arrive. "That suits you, seeing as you song-write,"

"I only do it for Julie," Clara says. "Aside from getting paid, it's just fun. I love seeing the parts I've written be so loved online. Or even at concerts when the crowd shouts it out,"

"I can imagine," Kika replies.

"Also, this album has been blowing up on Tiktok. I saw one sound of Playpen had over two hundred thousand uses. And it's my lyrics! Literally so cool," Clara geeks.

"Oh, is it the 'this my playpen' part?" Kika asks. "I've seen those! People do the transitions, right?"

"Yeah," Gianna answers. "People can be so gorgeous,"

"Right," Kika agrees.

I'm glad they're all getting along.

★・・・・・・★