Kebab ( Turkey )

Welcome to everyone in this journey where you'll learn to know some of the best delicacies known to mankind

Welcome to everyone in this journey where you'll learn to know some of the best delicacies known to mankind. The mediterranean cuisine Is known to be the best and healthiest party of food in the entire globe, and as you'll see these dishes aren't only a joy for your tastebuds but for your eyes as well.
Enough talking and now just stick to our recipes, or should i say steak to them.

Our first stop will be in Turkey, land of the great Ottoman Empire that saw iconic commanders such as Mustafa Kemel Ataturk.
The first dish that we'll cover as you saw from the title Is the famous kebab, potentially one of the most famous dishes not only in the mediterranean but also in the entire world.

Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes

Ingredients

500 g Lamb mince
1 small onion coarsely grated
4 garlic onions minced or fairly grated
100 g fresh breadcumbs
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 smoked paprika
Sunflower oil for oiling

Method of preparation

Step 1
Heat the oven to 200 C/180 C. Tip all the ingredients except for the oil into a food processor with a large pinch of salt and lots of ground pepper. Pulse until everything Is combined and chopped together. You can also squish everything into a bowl but this will probably give you a looser finish.

Step 2
Oil a large sheet of foil, tip the meat mix in the middle and mould to a very thick sausage, roughly the shape of an eggplan. Roll up the foil tightly, twisting up the end to create a Christmas craker shape.

Step 3
Lay on a shallow roasting tin and roast in the oven 35/40 minutes, turning occasionally or until a digital cooking thermometer reads 75 C when pierced in the middle. Leave the kebab to cool a little, then unwrap the foil. Place back on the tray and brown under the grill or with a blowtorch.

Step 4
Place on a board and carve into thin slices. If you want to make It doner mode you can hold the kebab with a roasting fork or metal skewer and carve. Serve with warm pitta bread or with another accompainment based on your taste, including for example chilli sauce or garlic yougurt sauce.

And we arrived at the end of our first recipe, have a nice meal.