Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Nang makarating sa aking klase ay binaling ko lahat ng atensyon ko dito. I gave all my focus to the class.

Natapos ang tatlong sunod sunod na klase at lunch na. I went to the canteen to find something to eat because I’m starving already. I suddenly remembered what happened earlier.

He really ignored me, huh?

Well, that's for the better, he can't be with me, I’m not easy to be with, mahihirapan lang siya.

But, I really expected him to be different from all the guys who tried to get under my skin. I mean, he seems so serious about me that I really thought he’ll pursue me more.

Honestly, that kinda hurt. I actually expected more from Zyair Finneas and he gave up so easily – well, I embarrassed him in front of many people – ah yeah, that could be it. I’ve damaged his ego way too much.

I let out a sigh and sat on one of the empty seats available. I put my things beside and started eating, thoughts still wandering off.

I guess, this is for the better though. And thank goodness I didn't give in so easily to someone who easily gives up. I could've put myself in a situation I’m going to regret.

It's scary to let people in just because they have good intentions but when the storm comes, they're the first one to let go. Nakakatakot magpapasok ng tao sa buhay kasi baka hindi naman sila meant to stay and in the end you don't have any choice but to feel the pain because you can't blame them for giving up, because it's not their fault they got tired. It's scary to let people in your life because they might suddenly leave once they see your brokenness and scars.

I came out of my reverie when someone bumped into my table.

“Oh my gosh, I’m sorry!” the girl who bumped to my table said. I looked at her and saw a morena girl with curly hair, she looked apologetic.

“It's okay” I said and gave her a small smile and she looked relieved.

“Are you with anyone?” She asked, mukhang she wants to sit with me. I looked around and saw that all of the tables are used.

“Sure, you can sit with me, '' I said and looked at my food to continue to eat. Nilapag nya naman ang tray na food na dala niya pati na rin ang mga gamit na dala niya.

“Wala pa akong sinasabi, you're advanced ha?” She said and giggled, my brows furrowed at her. What is she giggling about?

“You won't ask me that question kung hindi yon ang sasabihin mo” I said ang bite my egg sandwich.

“Malay mo, tinanong ko pala kasi gusto kitang landiin” She said and smirked at me.

“Oh you're into women?” I asked, she looked widely at me and then she laughed hard. Baliw

“Hindi, teh. Kaya nga binabae na ako ngayon kasi ayaw ko sa babae” She said and giggled again. I was confused for a moment until her words slowly sank in.

“You’re gay?” I asked, confirming it. She smiled at me and answered,

“I’m a transgender”

I was shocked how she easily said it.

“For real?” I asked, still shocked

“Yeah, why? you don't like the idea?” She said, raising her brows. Hindi naman ako nakasagot, I was amazed at how easily she said like don't worry about anyone hearing it.

Handa na sana siya na tumayo nung hindi ako sumagot but I stopped her.

“No, it's okay. I’m not homophobic for goodness’ sake!” I said and pulled her hand, making her sit down.

“Bawal bang magulat? You looked so girly, someone will never doubt that you're part of the federation.” Sabi ko nang makaupo siya, I looked at her and let out a smile

“Ay bakit? Ano ba dapat? Ano ba dapat itsura ng transgender ha?” Sabi niya, looking so annoyed at me.

“Don't talk to me like that, I’m not against you, I’m just shocked because of how confident you are and because you're really pretty.” I said and rolled my eyes. Kumalma naman ang mukha n’ya at mukha ng nagpipigil ng ngiti.

“Ehe, tenks pe, pretty pe eke? Pereng tenge ke nemen” Hinampas niya pa ang kamay ko habang nilalagay sa likod ng tenga ang buhok niya. I gave her a small smile and looked somewhere else.

“Bilib ako sa confidence mo to say who you really are. I mean, even in this century, it's still hard for people to accept the fact that there's people like us and they still make fun of it.” I said, habang pinapanood ang sa mga taong pumapasok ng canteen.

She let out a gasp. “Did you just say us?” She said, emphasizing the last word. I looked at her and saw her exaggeratedly holding her mouth with her two hands.

“Yeah” I smiled at her and she gasped exaggeratedly. Buti walang nakakarinig sa kanya dahil sa ingay ng canteen.

“What the fuck ka? Nakiupo lang ako nakahanap pa ng sisteret” Sabi niya at kinuha ang kamay ko para alog-alugin. Naiinis naman akong binatak ang kamay ko sa kanya.

“Ano ba?! Ang oa mo naman!” Naiinis kong sabi

“Tanga! Sinong hindi?! Para tayong destined for each other” She said and let out an excited squeal. Natatawa naman akong napairap. The audacity to call me tanga na parang isang dekada na kaminh magkakilala

I like that.

“Shut the fuck up, no one knows about that because I’m not confident enough to share it to the world” I said that made her quiet and the happiness visible in her eyes were quickly changed to being serious.

“Babe, anong nakakahiya sa pagiging ikaw? Wala. At anong pake mo sa opinion nila? Wala rin. What are you worrying about.” She said that stunned me. I let out a sigh and stood up to gather my things. Nang makolekta ko na ang mga gamit ko ay naglakad na ako palabas, nagmamadali naman siyang sumunod.

Naglakad lang kami nang naglakad hanggang sa napadpad kami sa field. I let out a sigh and went to sit on the available bence under the tree near me. Tahimik lang naman siyang nakasunod.

Iniwan niya ang pagkain niya para lang sundan ako. Once again, I let out a sigh. Umupo siya tabi ko at pareho kaming nakatingin sa field kung saan may ilang estudyante na naglalaro ng soccer.

“I’ve been convincing myself that I don't give a fuck about anything they say or will say about me,” Sabi ko, nilingon ko siya sa gilid ng mata ko, she's still looking at the field

“Tanggap ko din at naisip ko na rin namang hindi dapat ako nagpapaapekto sa kanila,” I continued, lumingon na siya sa akin sa pagkakataong yon.

“Pero masakit.” I said and smiled bitterly, naaawa naman siyang tumingin sakin.

----------

Hi! Sorry now lang :> Hope you liked it tho.