Casual

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" I hear a yell from behind me. I look over my shoulder. For fucks sake.

Charlotte's Perspective
I look up to see Autumn and Marjorie stood there, Marjorie with her arms crossed and an angry expression. Autumn looks the same as she always does, neutral. "Why the fuck are you to holding hands at a restaurant?? I let it go when it happened at the hospital because she was comforting you but NOW? You too look like you're on a bloody date!" She yells. Restaurant patrons start staring at our table and I start to feel uncomfortable. Marjorie glares at Mia, who looks at me.

"Are either of you gonna answer me??" Marjorie spits. "We're having lunch, it's not that big of a deal." Mia says. I pull my hand away from hers and look down at my plate. "God I can't believe I was going to apologise for jumping to conclusions! Charlotte, you can stay at the sister nursery. I don't want to see you for a while." Marjorie scoffs and leaves the restaurant. Autumn stops and looks at us. "She just needs some time to calm down. I'll inform you when she has and you can come back to the nursery." She says and walks out after Marjorie. What have I done.

Mia looks at me and smiles but I don't look back. Her face drops a little. "I'm sorry about that sweetheart." Mia says, bouncing her leg up and down. "It's not your fault Mia. It's mine." I reply, eyes filling with tears. "What do you mean? You didn't do anything!" Mia asks confused. I look up at her as tears roll down my cheeks, "I don't think we should do things like this together Mia. It's just causing problems. We should only talk at work." I say. My heart stops and I wish I could take it back but the words already left my mouth. I look down at her hand which is in a tight fist. "What about your appointment?" She says. "Nobody else can pick you up." I look at her and sigh. "I don't want to burden you with anything else. I keep ruining things for the both of us. I can call an Uber to pick me up from the hospital." I sigh. Mia loosens her fist and places her hand on mine. "How many times to I have to say this? You are not a burden. If I offer to do something, it's because I want to do it." Mia looks at me and I look back. I can see tears gathered in her eyes. I raise my hand to her face and wipe her tears away. She smiles and squeezes my hand.

I finish my plate of food and we head out to the my car. I turn on the engine and Mia plugs her phone in and plays Casual by Chappell Roan. "I know you like her so I downloaded all her songs." Mia laughs. I look at her and smile. "You're really pretty." I whisper. SHIT I HOPE SHE DIDNT HEAR THAT! "Pretty huh?" She says blushing with a smirk. I press my head against the steering wheel in embarrassment. "Don't get nervous on me now sweetheart, we have a 25 minute car journey ahead of us!" Mia laughs as she hums to casual. I could get used to this.

Tuesday Morning

Mia's Perspective
I walk into the nursery later than usual. I had a terrible nights sleep thinking about Char. I'm worried about her. She's been through so much and now she's fighting with Marjorie. I go in to my office and sit at my desk. "I just have to distract myself till 1:30" I whisper to myself. "What's at 1:30?" Reece says smirking. "I'm going to pick Charlotte up from the hospital. She had a CAT scan." I say smiling. "You look weirdly happy for someone picking their friend up from the hospital..." Reece says with a raised eyebrow. I roll my eyes and turn to my computer.

1:20 pm
I look at my phone and smile as I see the time. I grab my things and head to my car. Reece stands up and jogs behind me "I'm coming with you!" He yells. I stop and turn around. "No you fucking aren't!" I laugh. He squints and tilts his head, "You seem way too happy about picking her up. I hate to say it but I don't trust you not to do anything!" He says. I look him up and down, "Shut up you prick. I'm going and you're staying here, end of." I say getting in my car. He opens the door and climbs in. I roll my eyes "Ugh fine! But you need to sit in the back. I put snacks in the door for Charlotte." I say pointing at the door. "You're so cheesy oh my god!" He laughs as he climbs into the back. I kiss my teeth and reverse out of the car park.

We pull up to the hospital and park. I hop out and jog to the parking meter. "Have you got any change Reecey?" I ask checking my purse. "Yeah I have some." He says grabbing a handful out of his pocket. I pay for parking and puts a cigarette between my lips and light it as we walk towards the hospital. The two of us sit on a bench and wait for a text from Charlotte but it never comes.

3rd person
Mia was worried so she stomped out her cig and went into the building. "Hiya. Is there a Charlotte Qui- I mean Charlotte Collins here?" She asks, putting her lighter back in her bag. "I'll check for you... Ah yeah there is. She's in room 201" the receptionist says smiling. "Thank you" Mia replies as she walks towards the hospital bays.

She finds room 203 and looks in the window to see Charlotte and a man. She opens the door slightly to hear what they're saying and the stench was familiar. Bourbon and cheap cologne. Tom.

——————————————————————————————————————
A/N
You guys are not ready for the next chapter!! I know I created the character but I hate Tom with ALL OF MY BEING!
If you liked the chapter, make sure to vote on it! <3