Awkward

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

"Oh shit."

Mia's Perspective
"Hey Reece! You can wait in the car, I need to do my makeup before we go." I lean against the door frame waiting for him to go back to his car. "Can I just wait inside? It's boiling in there." He asks looking inside. "Uhhh it's kinda messy so can you just wait out here? I'll be quick." He looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "Why are you acting weird Mia?" He questions, folding his arms.

I should've known he would be able to see through my bull shit. We've been together for 23 years and other than my sexuality, he knows me better than I know myself.

"I'm not. I just don't want you to see the mess!" I lie but the last 5 minutes of convincing him are in vein when I hear a bang from upstairs followed by Charlotte yelling "OW SHIT SHIT!" under her breath. Reece chuckles and drops his arms. "Ohhh I see. You didn't want me to meet whoever is upstairs. I'm not that embarrassing am I?" He says walking past me into my living room. "Actually you are. Just wait in the car okay?" I say but he ignores me, walking up the stairs. "I need to use the loo. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be out." He jogs up the stairs. For fucks sake.

Charlotte's Perspective
I throw on Mia's clothes and decide to hide out in her bedroom for a while. I hear Mia walking up the stairs and run out to say goodbye but instead I'm met with Reece. "Hey Charlotte." He says walking past. I can almost see the light bulb turn on above his head when he realises that it was me. "Charlotte??" He yells and immediately lowers his voice, "What are you doing here?". I play with my rings as I try to formulate a response that doesn't make him think I slept with Mia. "Well I- uhh..." I start but am cut off. "What happened to 'I'm just going to the toilet' Reecey?" Mia says grabbing Reece by the arm and practically dragging him back down the stairs.

After a few minutes of pacing, I decide to head home. After calling an Uber, I tip toe down to the stairs and bolt out the front door before Reece could notice me leaving. I hop in the car as soon as it arrives and pull out my phone to let Mia know that I left.

To: Amelia
"Hey Mia. I just snuck out. Didn't wanna have to talk to Reece again because that was AWKWARD! I had a really amazing day and I wanted to know if you're free on Friday? Xx"

She's probably gonna take a while to reply since she's with Reece.

*DING*

That was quick!

From: Amelia
"Hiya sweetheart. I understand that, Reece can be a bit much. I had an amazing day too. Unfortunately I'm not free on Friday but you could be my date to an event that I'm DREADING."

To: Amelia
"And what exactly is this event?"

From: Amelia
"It's my 20 year sixth-form reunion. It's not an official event, just people from my college getting together for drinks and karaoke."

To: Amelia
"Sounds fun but would I not be intruding? Seems like an inner circle kind of thing."

From: Amelia
"No of course not! Reece is bringing Autumn and Marjorie. I'm guessing Aut will drag Winter along."

To: Amelia
"I'm not sure."

From: Amelia
"Pleaseeee! I'll be dying of boredom without you there Char."

To: Amelia
"Okay okay I'll come. How did the chat with Reece go?"

From: Amelia
"I told him I didn't sleep with you and he dropped it. He's not an idiot though so I think he just wanted to end the conversation. Anyway I've got to go, I'm about to sit down for dinner. Bye sweetheart xx"

College reunion? This should be... Interesting.

———

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter! The next one is gonna be mental to make up for it 🫡
If you liked the chapter, make sure to vote on it!