2 ~ unknown creature

———

———

     "SO YOU'RE SAYING THAT SIRIUS BLACK escaped Azkaban to come after you and Stella... to kill you?" Ron asked, shaken by the newly discovered information Harry had told them.

     Harry glanced over at Stella, who was frozen. "Yeah" He mumbled.

Hermione sat Crookshanks aside and leaned forward, looking pointedly at Harry and Stella. "Promise me you won't go looking for him—"

     "Why would they go looking for someone that wants to kill them?" Ron asked, confused.

     "I don't know, Ronald. Maybe because somehow they always get twisted up in some kind of trouble"

"We won't" Stella said, sternly, finally engaging in the conversation. "Right, Harold?"

Harry met her eye. "Of course not"

     Stella peered over her shoulder, searching for Milo, when she found him snuggled up against the asleep Remus. Stella smiled to herself, figuring Milo probably recognised his scent.

      "No one knows how he escaped. The first one to ever do it" Ron quaked.

"But they'll catch him, won't they?" Hermione asked, concerned. "I mean, they have too, right? Muggles are even looking for him"

     "I bloody hope so!" Ron said, eyes wide.

Stella had gotten too much of all the Sirius Black talk and reached into her shoulder bag for her book. Currently she was reading Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. She only got about three pages in before Hermione's words shook her back into reality.

"We can't be there yet"

That's when Stella noticed that the train had stopped in its tracks. When Harry went to check out the door, Stella gazed out the window. A sudden rumble sent Harry right back in his seat beside Stella.

"What's happening?" Stella questioned, laying her book down next to the snoring grey cat.

The once warmly lit room changed within minutes as it got gloomy and cold.

"Ow, Ron! That was my foot!" Hermione gasped.

     Through the darkness, Stella could see a shadow of Ron placing a hand to the window. "Something's moving out there. I think people are coming onboard..."

     Stella hugged her own body, searching for any form of warmth in the extreme cold. A small meowing could be heard at her side and when she looked over she found Milo trying to crawl up onto her lap. Lifting him up, she placed him gently on her lap, padding him a few times in the process.

     "Do you think we've broken down?" Harry questioned in a quiet voice.

     Without even realising it Harry had gripped onto a small part Stella's jacket, as if he was trying to keep her with him if anything tried to target her.