going up

Kota has been diging for awhile now. There week deal was looking like months now. Kota was noticing his claws getting stronger. Ben didn't even have to wake him up anymore. He was already at the digging spot before he even got up.

"You think it's time"Hera said to Ben who was enjoying a raccoon he killed.

"Time for what" he asked with his mouth full.

"Time to teach kota how to climb" Ben suddenly stopped eating. His claws have been getting stronger, Now all thats left was to get him stronger.

"I suppose so" Ben said putting his kill in a safe place for later.

"Come let's go" Hera said excitingly. She was eager to see kota climb.

When they got there both were astonished. There were holes every with water in almost every one. This couldn't have been all kota they thought.

"Hey" kota said poping his head out of a hole. He quickly jumped out and walked towards Ben and Hera.

"Kota did you see the wolf who did this" Ben said sarcastically

"I want to congratulate him" kota laughed. He knew he was joking or at least he did till he got serious. Things were quite for awhile. They just exchanging weird glances at each other

"Ummm..... you're starring at him" kota said nervously. He then looked at Hera who just shrugged her shoulders. Ben always did weird things when he's about to say something important.

"Let me see your paw" he finally said. Kota lifted it up moving it side to side, up and down. He was shocked as well he never took the time to observe his progress.

"Well it looks like it will hold what do you think Hera" Ben turned to his sister who stood in the back.

"He's ready" she smiled.

Kota was excited. Im finally gonna be doing some cool stuff he thought. They passed by many tree's and kota stopped and every one.

"This one" he hoped. They had been searching for awhile and he grew bord.

"No" Hera said.

"You've said no to like millions of tree's now" kota whined

"It's important you find a strong healthy one" Ben pointed out. He when up to a random tree.

"Look" he said

"The bark on this one can't hold anyone of us"

"Know your tree's" Hera added.

"Ok.....wait what about this one" kota moved his head towards a pine tree.

"A ponderosa pine, hmm it's ok but looks like the branches are a bit thin and weak" Hera replied.

"I'd said in a couple more years and it be perfect for going up" Ben added.

"So you couldn't climb in even if you tried" kota looked up at both of them

"Well.... we can but it be kinda difficult" Hera said inspecting the tree.

"Hera come look at this" Ben pointed his mussel to a white pine.

"This will do nicely" he finished.

"Kota" Hera called. He was still trying to find out what made this tree so special.

"Now pay attention so you can get this right" she looked at Ben to give a demonstration. He rolled his eyes, always me hum he said in his mind.

He put his two front paws on the tree. Kota laughed Ben looked pretty funny with only his hind legs on the ground.

"See how he makes sure his claws are in" Ben jerked his paw around but they wouldn't move. It was as if they were locked in the pine. He quickly pulled up and locked his back legs claws in the tree. Then he pushed up with his hind legs and locked his front claws in again. The steps repeated from there.

"You see, pull up with front claws then push up with back claws" kota repeated the words

"Pull up, push up , pull up, push up" he whispered

"Now its your turn" Hera said jestering him to go up. He was nervous, Ben made it look so easy. What if my claws aren't strong enough he thought what if I fall while im as far up as Ben.

"Hera" he said scared

"Are you sure im ready" he ducked down. Hera was not sure what was wrong with him.

"Are you alright" she said trying to pick him up

"My stomach feels weird" he replied

"It's ok your just nervous, but you don't have to be. Believe in your self and you can do it" Hera moved him closer to the tree. Kota was shaking, he was still scared, but knew he had to push through.

He got up on two legs his two legs and stabbed his front claws in the tree.

"Make sure there in there!" Ben yelled for the top of the tree. He tired to move his paw but he couldn't. Wow there in there pretty good kota thought.

"Now pull up!" He continued to scream. Kota was off the ground and more frightened than ever. He froze not moving a muscle.

"Use your hind legs to push your self up" Hera said. He noticed she was right next to him, climbing up the tree as well.

He quickly stuck his hind claws in and pushed up. He was doing it and better than he expected. Pull up, push up was his motive. He was going faster and faster till something grab his fur on his neck.

"Ok slow down" Ben said putting him on the branch he was on. Kota didn't even notice how high up he was. Where's Hera he thought. Suddenly something hit him in the head.

"That was good" Hera said. She was on the branch right above them.

"I remember it took Ben forever to get up this high" Ben looked at his sister

"Ya but im way better than you" he said leaping around on different brands, doing spins and somersaults.

"Um is that a challenge" she replied jumping as Ben did. Kota was amazed he's never Seen such thing. Two wolves hopping around doing spectacular flips. It was as if they had spring in there legs. Kota couldn't wait until he learned how to do that.