CHAPTER 03

AUTHOR POV

"Why would you do that, Thata?" Vikramaditya pulled his phone back from the old man's hands and immediately sent in a recovery text to his secretary to blind the stunt his grandfather pulled.

(Thata - grandfather)

"How long do you plan to behave this way, Vikram? It's high time we settle things for you than you doing it." The young man shook his head and heaved out a heavy breath, took his hand to his forehead, and closed his eyes after hearing the same for almost a year.

He had hoped his family wanted to see and spend quality time with him, thinking they had missed his presence, which they were, and also had other ideas to infuriate him.

"Why would you all do this?" Vikramaditya questioned looking at his parents and his grandfather. Compared with his parent's worried countenance, the old man threw a tired look at his grandson. He is not pleased with the attitude of Vikramaditya and can't do anything beyond the man's stubbornness to test his patience.

"Don't you wish to have a family of your own, Vikram?"

"When did I say I was not?" He answered his mother's question, the man took a pause and continued whatever his heart wanted him to speak.

"I wish to have a family, mom and I do dream of having kids and a wife and it's just that I couldn't find or see to build the family on any woman I meet." His reasoning got the elders to slouch on their seats and his grandfather blinked at his grandson, he could understand the younger, and at the same time, the old man couldn't rule out the fact that his grandson had rejected countless potential brides for the same reason.

His grandfather, Rajdaran had brought good alliances for his grandson upon his consent, it's been four years and the guy hadn't approved anyone or even confessed he liked a girl.

All he had was go on a date and then reject the girl, simply reasoning his heart didn't see any woman to be his wife.

"This is not happening, Vikramaditya. Your age is not something to play with." No one could oppose the old man, and he was not wrong to point at his grandson's age.

"If you don't like the alliances we bring you, why not take your secretary's help?" Vikramaditya shook his head and realised it was so wrong of him to praise his secretary Agnira to his family for everything she had done for him, specifically declaring she was only human to understand him after his family.

He didn't lie, either he exaggerate, whenever he was stuck with his professional or personal problems she would be there to provide her insight and there was no doubt she would help his family find the potential girl for him. Agnira wouldn't judge and neither would be annoyed to take the responsibility.

"She is only for professional help, Thata. It would be selfish of us to make her do things which is not her concern." Again a selfless reason, his family had to endure but they weren't in the mind to back off from their last hope.

"You can have your reasons, Vikram but we are not backing from anything which could land you a wife." The strict tone from his father had given him the answer and understood they weren't asking for his suggestion but rather just informing their next move.

"I'm sure Agnira will help us. we're going to contact her anyway," Vikramaditya was done with the final say from his grandfather and knew he had to take action before the old man could cause a blunder.

For now, he was at peace since they were in Bangalore, otherwise, his family would've shown their presence in Agnira's house by the time they had mentioned her name. He could be at rest for a week, believing they wouldn't reach his secretary, and would take precautions once she comes back to the Bangalore office.

The family had their dinner in silence and Rajdaran watched his grandson return to his room while the others stayed back in the living room. He exhaled a breath worrying about Vikramaditya and knew this time he wasn't far from making the man realise his true heart.

"Appa, Are we doing the right thing?" Adithya, Vikramaditya's father questioned once he checked his son entering his room.

"I'm sure that boy is feeling something for that girl." The old man answered and met with a silence. The couple entirely didn't believe their son was interested in his Secretary when he consented them to find a bride of their own.

"But he doesn't seem like that." Vikramaditya's mother Meera didn't quite catch her Father-in-law's mind. She listened to him on how Vikramaditya might be developing deep emotions on Agnira but she couldn't understand how the old man came to a conclusion like that.

Meera had met Agnira a few times and noticed the woman only shared a professional relationship with her son. She could strongly point Agnira doesn't hold anything on Vikramaditya but at the same time she cannot say the same for her son yet she couldn't confirm anything like Rajdaran.

The family had heard enough stories about Agnira and saw the brightness Vikramaditya emitted whenever he spoke about her. He would appreciate all her doings and would Marvel at her smartness. He had declared the woman to be his valuable asset at every chance given.

More than Agnira herself, they got to know her more from their Son.

"Patience Meera, Vikram isn't aware of his heart. But with the right time, he would understand what he wants," Rajdaran eyes held a sense of wisdom and he had practically raised his grandson to notice anything going off his way. He is sure, that if the cards are played right, his grandson might be married to the woman of his dreams.

"It seems Vikram is holding himself for something." His analysis might be wrong but he had to confirm the further and thought to proceed on his moves.

"I need the girl's details, Adithya. Make sure you arrange it as soon as possible."