Chapter 1

"TODAY" I regret the most in my life, I should not have fielded in that way. At the moment now as the sun shines bright my ankle hurts as hell. I couldn't hear either the sound of the audience or elese the voice of the physio standing in front of me. The only thing in my mind at present is that my ankle hurt as hell. But I shouldn't show the pain in my face because there are many cameras around capturing me right now.
I just yelled at the physio in front of me

"I can't move my leg and it hurts more that I couldn't bear it"

Oh shit what the hell  is happening, I should have just let the ball to cross the boundary line. After nearly ten minutes of talking, I didn't even know what they asked me, he asked the crew to take me in.

     "Huh"

The physio is gently icing my sprained ankle by placing it in an elevated position (over a pillow). I just said to him

"Please, do something else, it doesn't get any better can you please give me a pain killer. Please. "

He smirked "this is the only way to treat it, because your ankle is sprained and for pain killers.... Shreya please bring  ibuprofen"              

    As he said the girl behind him gave me the pain killer.

     He instructed her something, that fortunately I couldn't understand . Then she started icing my ankle as he left. But for now I feel a little.... a little better.

     " jaldee karo mujhe match jaane ka time horahaahein " 

I hurried. She didn't give any response.

Is she def.... No, the physio gave her some instructions or....is she dum or what.... Oh no I think she can't understand hindi. I said again

"Hurry up I have to continue the match "

She just gave a grumpy look and continued her business.

What does this mean, I didn't ask anything bad or wrong. I cleared my throat

"Hem... Hem" " And started again

"How many hours does it take to cure? "

She smirked "HOURS"

"What does this answer mean. Are you really a physio..... Or..... "

She interrupted

"It may take two days or may be two weeks to recover. Can't you see the size of you swollen ankle? " She continued

"If you shut your mouth and keep quite, there is a chance for speedy recovery"

"TWO WEEKS.... Are you kidding? "
She didn't respond

"That means I I'll not be able to play for nearly a month. GOD why is this happening to me. I really worked very hard to reach this place"

I said maybe two weeks. Just rest here don't move your leg here and there, it'll make even worse" Said her.

      I'm just.... I don't know what to do cause I have really struggled a lot to reach this position. There are many nights  I cried with pain, many sorrows which only my pillow knows, but...

"Why God... Why"

Lots of disrespects even from the one I trusted and lots of betrayal.
I still remember the day I started to play cricket. In a mid-summer evening my friend called me for the first time to play cricket. He was the first person who taught me how to hit a ball and made me realize what is cricket. From then on still now I didn't stop playing cricket. Even  though there are many disputes between me and my father regarding my career, I still choose cricket.

I can't blame him 'cause as a middle-class man he just needs his son to get a better job and get married and settle in life. During all this chaos, my family, my career, my father's dream the only thing that reminded in my mind is that not to stop playing cricket. Still now cricket has never let me down. I love cricket more than anyone in this world. I feel like it is the reason for my birth in this earth.

      The person inside me said
"Just keep moving, it's not a big deal Agni . You have already experienced a lot more than this. Just take rest and give  a good comeback. You're great! and it's not your fault "

Yes he is the inner voice of mine. Which I used to hear whenever I'm down. Yeah I have this habit of talking to myself.

"Yes, you're right. As a sports man it is not a big deal for me. I should focus on my comeback and take rest to recover soon"

I took a deep breath in and said

"I'm happy being where I am. "