16

ARYAN

"To conclude, I think this would be beneficial for both of us, given the market we get and the statistics... well, it speaks for itself." I drawled as I finished my presentation with a lazy, knowing smile. Rainbow was ready to expand its business to other parts of the country, with its first stepping stone at Delhi.

I'd been meaning to have this meeting for months with our new investors. They were enthusiastic enough to reach out on their own. But I couldn't just take money from anybody. I did a little bit of research myself before I made up my mind to take their investments. All our past investors were on board with my idea, Mr. Khurana being the most interested as his manufacturing business was based in Delhi. It would be easier for him to keep in touch with us if Delhi had one of our units.

By the time all my thoughts settled, I was shaking the hands of StreamMedia's head, Kunal Lamba. "Looking forward to working with you, Mr. Sehgal." He said, giving my hand a firm shake. From the looks, he wouldn't be much older than me. A thin sheet of grey peppered his hair. Crisp facial features and well-built. There was a reason I liked working with polished people. Because how you maintained yourself speaks a lot about how you maintained every other aspect of your life.

By the time all of them left, I was briefing Pragya to get me the sales report as soon as possible and asked her to arrange a virtual meeting with the team that would be working on the Delhi project. But as soon as I stepped out of the board room, my eyes were drawn to Ira. Her haphazard bun and whitish suit were enough to let me know, it was her.

It had been a week since I asked her to move into my apartment. To which she hadn't agreed yet.

Guess I'd need to use my persuasion techniques a little more efficiently.

Honestly, the moment she said she had had a stalker, all my senses pricked my skin with the need to know more information. But I didn't ask her. It was clear she wasn't ready or she would have told me the whole thing that day itself. But that didn't bar the curious part in me that fed on my nerves, so much so that I contacted my cyber security team, and asked them to actually track that fucker down at any cost. I'd seen and heard just enough. Now, I needed material in hand to solve this puzzle that constantly kept her in its embrace. But, to do that, I'd need Ira to bring me the letter she received. If she still had it.

I walked towards my cabin, mentally making a note to talk to Ira about it when faint sounds of some heated argument reached my ears. "Great. Yeah, well, if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't be needing you for the job, would I? It has been a whole week and you have got me nowhere. I don't think you understand the urgency, do you?"

I didn't need to think for even a second to know who it was. I was sure that even in my sleep, I could never mistake that tone and those taunts for anybody else. But who was she talking to?

Just when I was about to take a few more extra steps towards her cabin, she appeared in the corridor. "Sure. Please do. I wouldn't die without your help." She yelled the words and hung up. I could only imagine how pissed she was, as her face had turned red. But before I could gauge her expressions more, her eyes found me, staring at her.

Too late to pretend now.

A nervous smile stretched across my face but that didn't ease the crease between her brows. "What?" She tutted and the remaining bit of my hope evaporated.

"Nothing. I... just wanted to know if you were fine?" I said as I walked closer to her.

"Well, you'd be glad to know that the answer is no." Her face mocked a smile, pulling her cheeks as up as they could go. It was funny how even in this situation, I could only think about clicking a picture of this face and framing it on my wall. "Well, I'm sorry to disappoint because keeping you fine is the only thing that pleases me." The prettiest shade of pink tinted her cheeks as the words left my mouth. The corner of my mouth kicked up realizing my words actually affected her.