Home alone again Pt.1

(A month later, August 7th, 2017)

Peter

Mom's going on a date with Bucky, meaning I'm in charge. The last time Mom left us home alone, we got grounded for a week. Paxton watched a scary movie even though he wasn't supposed to.

"I'm trusting you guys. No scary movies, no parties," Mom warns.

"If you get scared, walk to the compound or call someone," Mom says, and we nod.

"Yep, you should go. You don't want to keep Bucky waiting," I say, ushering Mom out of the house. 

"I love you both!!" Mom yells, walking toward Bucky's car. 

"I love you too!!" We shout. 

Once they drive away, I slam the door shut. Paxton looks at me weirdly before running upstairs. I sigh and turn the TV on. The news popped up with an emergency warning.

"There has been a report of someone breaking into people's houses when they're not home," The reporter says. 

I scoff and change the channel. The next channel was a kid's show with words above the show. They said something about people breaking in. I rolled my eyes and shut off the TV.

"No way they think it's this serious," I scoffed. 

Paxton ran downstairs, waving his phone and shouting. 

"There's a robber in this neighborhood!!" Paxton yells, waving his phone around.

"There's no robber. The news is trying to scare people," I tell him, but he shakes his head.

"I looked out my window and saw someone smash a window next door," Paxton says, and I sigh.

"Alright, let's lock the house, then," I say, and Paxton nods.

"The upstairs is already locked," Paxton says, and I smile. 

"You get the back side. I'll get the front side," I say, and Paxton nods.

I lock the front door before shutting and locking all the windows. Then, I pulled the curtains down and turned on the lights. Paxton comes running into the room with a flashlight.

"Why'd you turn on the lights?" Paxton asks.

"The robber won't break in if someone's home," I said, and Paxton nodded. 

"Should we do the basement?" Paxton asks, looking at the basement door. 

"Yeah, to be safe," I said, and Paxton nodded. 

I went down the stairs first, in case someone was down there. Paxon shut the windows while I locked them. As we were heading upstairs, we heard knocking on the front door. Paxton looked at me, and I looked at him.

"Do not open the door. We run to my room," I instruct, and Paxton nods.

Paxton runs up the stairs, and I follow. As we run past the front door, I look at the door. There are two people outside who look like our parents. They're in jail, Pete, that can't be them. I run into the room and lock the door.

"Did you see who was at that door?" Paxton asks as I lock the door.

"They looked like our parents," I explained, and Paxton looked at me confused.