⚔️4⚔️

A/n just me popping out chapters like a t shirt canon

Y/N POV

A few days later, after the prisoners broke out, the few I killed were the only ones that didn't escape. the rest? crawling back to whatever hole they crawled out of. this was a big realization, I can't lose this position. ever since I became general L/n only strong soldiers have been in King Arthur's forces.

But someway, somehow, ever since Merlins apprentice brought those strays here my knights have been dropping like flies. call me crazy for blaming two children for my problems, but is there any other explanation? let's see how much ale it takes to figure that out.

In the meantime, while Morgana teaches that girl magic, I will put the boy to good use. I don't like him, but I don't want to see any more soldiers become meat for gunmars army. we have horses for that.

So in the early morning, I grabbed Steve while h was with Lancelot and Galahad. he can learn to chug

"Come on, give me another." I commanded. Steve struggled for a moment before collapsing. I just sighed.

"You want to be a knight but can't give me ten push-ups."

"Why are push-ups so important anyways!?" He snapped and sat up.

"Because strength and discipline are crucial for a knight," I replied, trying to keep my patience. I watched him as he wiped sweat from his forehead, his eyes reflecting a mix of exhaustion and defiance.

"But what if I'm not strong enough?" His voice trembled slightly. "What if I can't be what everyone expects me to be?"

I knelt down and gently grabbed his jaw and made him look at me.

"I believe in you. but for a sword to be good, you need to hammer out its flaws. now up. we will be doing a different form of training." I stood up and unsheathed my sword with a fluid motion, the blade catching the light. Steve scrambled to his feet and hurried over to the weapon rack, grabbing a sword.

"Trolls are relatively easy to kill." I examined my sword while Steve got in position, trailing a gloved finger over the dragon carved into the handle. "But if you find yourself in a fight with one of Gunmars trolls, I'm going to teach you how to buy time."

"Gunmars trolls? Now hold on- when and why would I ever be in that kind of situation?" Steve complained, following me over to a more open part of the training area, his steps hesitant.

I turned around to face him, sword ready. "It's a possibility, but if you can get away from one of them, I'm confident you can buy time to get away from a losing battle."

"Why would I run away? shouldn't I kill it?"

"You're weak, you doubt yourself and can't even drink ale without scrunching your nose."

With each word, I moved as if I was in battle, ending my sentence by pressing the tip of my sword against his chest plate.

Steve's grip on his sword tightened as he took a deep breath. "Alright, show me what to do."

"First, you need to understand their weaknesses," I began, demonstrating a series of swift movements. "Gunmar's trolls have immense strength but are slower than regular trolls. Use that to your advantage."

Steve watched intently and nodded, copying my movements.

we sparred for about an hour, the sun slowly rising and lighting up the training area. I went easy on him for a bit, his movements were still too sloppy, and I'd only be crushing his confidence, making him want to give up.

I swung my sword, and he easily blocked it, without hesitation he knocked me off my feet.

For a moment, there was silence, and then Steve's face turned pale. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" he exclaimed, dropping his sword and rushing over to help me up.

I couldn't help but laugh as I lay there on the ground. "Relax, Steve," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling myself up. "That was exactly what I wanted to see."

His eyes widened in surprise. "You wanted me to knock you down?"

I brushed the dust off my clothes and sheathed my sword. "I wanted to see you fight back with confidence. You're getting better, Steve. That move was well-executed."

A slow smile spread across his face, the worry in his eyes replaced by a flicker of pride. "Really?"

"Really." I patted his shoulder and he grinned. "But I'm no troll. they're bigger, stronger, definitely not faster but still just as dangerous. but let's wrap up for today, I don't want to overwork your body."

As we walked back to the barracks, the first light of dawn bathing the training grounds in a golden hue, I felt a renewed sense of hope. Steve wanted to learn. he wanted to become stronger. and I see myself in him. as strange as it is when he looks like a copy of Lancelot.

A FEW DAYS EARLIER

DOUXIE POV

I crept through the halls, footsteps muffled by the thick tapestries adorning the walls. I neared Merlin's sanctum where the time map lay hidden. My heart raced with both determination and apprehension, knowing the risk of defying Merlin. But it's not actually me, in a way, it's me 900 years later defying Merlin 900 years ago. I'm as confused as you are.

My fingers rushed over the runes of my wristband until I finally found a light spell, my palm glowing softly as I entered Merlin's darkened office. I held my hand up, scanning the room for the safe that held the precious Time Map.the runes spun and the safe opened, I stepped forward towards it. bit instead I side of it was a tiny gnome skeleton and tallys on the wall.

I opened it and closed it again, this time a horn of a troll, third times a charm? this time a bird nest with eggs. why on earth would Merlin need to keep that locked away."Looking for this?"

I froze, my stomach dropping as I quickly turned to face Merlin. His figure emerged from the shadows, his expression a mixture of disappointment and anger. he tapped his index finger on the time maps marble surface.

"Or perhaps this?" Merlin lifted his arm and the version of me, that actually belonged in this timeline was still sound asleep.

"Oh, by Mystra's name..."

A/N I wanted to make this chapter longer, but the episode ended, and the start of the next ep is just too good it's going to be the start for the next chapter!

WORD COUNT: 1,083