[3]

[knock knock knock knock]

Principal Celestia: Come in. How may I help you?

Twilight Sparkle: Um, uh... Whew. My name's Twilight Sparkle this is my sister,Rose Moonlight. W-We are new here, and... Well, I understand that Fluttershy found a crown this morning and gave it to you.

Principal Celestia: Yes. I've had Vice Principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. No idea how it ended up in the front lawn. Were you interested in running for Princess of the Fall Formal this year?

Twilight Sparkle: Uh, no. Not exactly. The truth is... Well, the truth is I... You see, the crown is actually...—

Rose: Princess of the Fall Formal?

Principal Celestia: It's Canterlot High's big Fall dance.

Rose: Like the Grand Galloping Gala.

Principal Celestia: Uh, Grand Galloping Gala?

Twilight Sparkle: Oh, uh, [Laughs nervously]it was a big deal at our old school.

Principal Celestia: And was there a princess?

Rose: Yes, but she wasn't exactly a student.

Principal Celestia: Here at Canterlot High, the students select one of their peers to represent them. She receives her crown at the Fall Formal.

Twilight Sparkle: Hmm. You asked me if I was interested in running for Princess. Can anyone run?

Principal Celestia: Yes. You just need to let the head of the Fall Formal planning committee know you'd like to be on the ballot. Was there anything else?

Twilight Sparkle: Um, nope! That was it!

Principal Celestia: Well, if you do need anything else, my door is always open.

[door closes]

Rose:door is always open?then why'd she close the door?!

Spike: Twilight,Rose why didn't ya both just tell her the crown was yours and ask for it back?

Rose: Oh, she was going to, but imagine if one of them showed up in Equestria saying they came from a place filled with tall, fleshy, two-legged creatures with these? We'd think they were crazy!

Spike: Hmm. You make a good point.

Twilight Sparkle: Looks like if I want my crown back, I'll have to become Princess of the Canterlot High Fall Formal. So that's what I'm gonna do!

Spike: And how exactly do you plan on doing that?

Twilight Sparkle: I have no idea!

[school bell rings]

At the cafeteria

[students chatting]

Rose: I know we've just met, but we were wondering if you might be able to help us with something.

Fluttershy: Of course!

Rose: Twilight decided to run for Princess of the Fall Formal, and–

Fluttershy accidentally spilled water/juice on Roses shirt

Fluttershy: [gasp] Oh! Oh, gosh! Sorry. It's just, oh, running for Fall Formal Princess is a really bad idea.

Twilight Sparkle: Why?

Fluttershy: Sunset Shimmer wants to be Fall Formal Princess, and when she wants something, she gets it! She'll make life awful for anyone who stands in her way. Just ask the girl who ran against her for Princess of the Spring Fling.

Twilight Sparkle: I have to try!

Fluttershy: Oh, I don't think you understand. two of You'd have to convince everyone here to vote for you instead of her: the athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco-kids, the techies, the rockers...

Twilight Sparkle: Why is everypony–

[smack]

Twilight Sparkle: Uh, everybody separated this way?

Fluttershy: Maybe it was different at your old school, but at CHS, everybody sticks to their own kind. One thing that they do have in common is that they know Sunset Shimmer is gonna rule the school until we graduate.

Twilight Sparkle: Not if We can help it! [chews apple] So, uh, [giggle] where would we find the head of the party planning committee?