[4]

Twilight Sparkle: Fluttershy said she'd probably be in here.

Pinkie Pie: Incoming! [breathes in and blows into a balloon]

Twilight Sparkle: Hi, my name's Twilight Sparkle,this is Rose Moonlight.and... Pinkie Pie?

[balloon deflates]

Pinkie Pie: [gasps] Are you psychic?!

Twilight Sparkle: Uh, no. I don't think so. Unless of course that's something you can do here.

Pinkie Pie: [sigh] Not usually.

Rose: Fluttershy said this is where We'd find the head of the Fall Formal planning committee.

Pinkie Pie: Fluttershy, huh? Don't let the whole "shy" thing fool you. She can be a real meanie.

Rose: You two aren't friends?

Pinkie Pie: Waited a bit to get your name on the ballot, huh? Dance is day after tomorrow.

Twilight Sparkle: We're brand new here.

Pinkie Pie: Oooh! I thought you both didn't look familiar. Though, now that I'm really lookin' at you... Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city that has a Sister who looks just like that but lives in another country,and has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?

Twilight and Rose: Uh, maybe?

Pinkie Pie: Thought so. Anyhoo, just need to fill this out and you are officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown.

[pen scratching]

Pinkie Pie: Wow! You have really bad handwriting. It's like you've never held a pen before.

Twilight Sparkle: [nervous laughter] Is it?

A Blonde hair Person opens the door

Applejack: Somebody order a dozen cases of fizzy apple cider?

Pinkie Pie: Oh! Oh! Me, me-me-me, me, yeah, ha-ha, me!

Applejack: Can you bring in the rest?

Big McIntosh: Eeyup.

Applejack: Hey, I know you two.

Twilight and Rose: You do?

Applejack: Sure. You're the new girls who gave Sunset Shimmer the what for today. [gulps cider]

Pinkie Pie: Twilight Sparkle here is gonna run against Sunset Shimmer for Princess of the Fall Formal.

Applejack: [spits] I'd think twice about that. Oh, sure, she'll probably approach you all friendly like... [fakes Sunset Shimmer's voice] I sure am lookin' forward to some friendly competition. [fakes Twilight's voice] That's so good to hear. [normal] But then, here comes the backstabbin'.

[balloon pops]

Applejack: About the only girl in this school you can trust less than Sunset Shimmer is Rainbow Dash.

Rose: Rainbow Dash?

Pinkie Pie: She's the captain of, like, every team at Canterlot High.

[balloon pops]

Applejack: She's also the captain of sayin' she's gonna do somethin' for ya, and then turnin' around and not even botherin' to show up.

Twilight Sparkle: Thanks for the advice, Applejack, but this is something I really need to do.

Applejack: Huh, suit yourself. Hey, how'd you know my name is Applejack?

Twilight Sparkle: Um, I uh... [nervous laughter] Didn't you say?

Big Mac: Nnnope.

Rose: Well, it sure was nice meeting you both. I'm sure We'll be seeing you around.

Pinkie Pie: That one's tryin' to hide a secret, but I am totally on to her. [whispering] She's psychic!

Applejack: Uh-huh. If you say so.

[doors open]

Sunset Shimmer: This looks terrible! There should be more streamers near the stage and fewer balloons.

[balloon pops]

Snips: Yeah, streamers!

Snails: And fewer balloons!

[thud]

Sunset Shimmer: Fizzy apple cider? Ugh! This is my coronation, not a hoedown.

Applejack: Well, now, it ain't necessarily gonna be your coronation this time around.

Sunset Shimmer: Oh, is that so? You country folk really aren't that bright. Must be why the other students say such awful things about you.

Applejack: Grrr...

Sunset Shimmer: Obviously it's gonna be my coronation. I'm running unopposed.

Pinkie Pie: Not this time. The new girl just signed up!

Sunset Shimmer: What?!

Pinkie Pie: I know. Her handwriting is really bad.

Sunset Shimmer: [to herself] Where is this Twilight Sparkle? [laughs] [to Applejack and Pinkie Pie] I'm looking forward to meeting the competition!