1: Operation John Cates

I liked Sam and John's scenes on Tuesday's episode. Actually, I loved them, so I've decided to write them for the What If? Challenge (inserting shameless plug here: please see my profile for details if you're interested in joining the challenge yourself!). I hope I can do these two cuties justice. There will be about 10 drabbles in total. Each will be about 100-200 words in length. Thank you so much for your support!

 Thank you so much for your support!

1: Operation John Cates

"How do I look?"

Damien Spinelli's fingers hover over his keyboard. His jaw comically unhinges. Sam McCall stands before him, hands on her tiny hips, wearing a tight red dress with a slit up to there and a neckline cut almost down to her navel. Her dark hair is swept up in a sophisticated twist and she's wearing bright red lipstick on her kisser.

"Fa-fair Samantha, you - you look amazing. Why are you all dolled up?"

Sam offers him a secretive smile. He realizes she has another scheme up her non-existent sleeve. "Oh no!"

"Oh yes."

Spinelli sets aside his computer. He tries to make a run for the door but Sam catches up to him easily, even on five-inch heels. She grabs him by the shirt collar. "Spinelli, don't you want to help Jason?" She asks. Her breath feels warm against his ear.

"Sam..." He whines. She knows Stonecold is his Achilles' Heel. He sighs. "How many federal laws are we about to break?"

Sam releases her grip on him. She grins. "It doesn't matter so long as we don't get caught."

Spinelli does not like the sound of that.

"Now," she begins, "let me tell you about 'Operation John Cates'..."

-- I'd love to hear your thoughts on this story so far! Also, please tell me in the comments about your favorite GH crack ship, and why you like them so much.