| twenty-one |

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

Sunghoon knew he had to approach Haeyun, but the thought alone made his heart race. He spent a week avoiding her, not knowing how to deal with the mix of fear and embarrassment that had consumed him. It seemed like Haeyun was avoiding him too, their once close bond now strained by unspoken words.

Despite his reservations, Sunghoon knew they needed to talk. He found her sitting alone in the garden, her eyes reddened as if she had been crying.

"Haeyun," Sunghoon started, his voice gentle.

"We need to talk." She looked up, eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"I can't do this anymore," she croaked, her voice shaking.

"I just want it to end."

Sunghoon's breath hitched. He had never seen Haeyun so vulnerable. He knelt down beside her and gently took her shaking hands in his.

"What do you mean?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"I just want it all to stop," she sobbed, tears streaming down her face.

"Everything is just too much." Sunghoon pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her quaking body against his own. He felt her pain, her anguish and confusion.

"I just want to die, Sunghoon..." She whispered.

Sunghoon gently held Haeyun as she wept, but as she began to talk about wanting everything to end, something inside him snapped. He pulled away slightly, his frustration and pain bubbling to the surface.

"Is that it? Do you just want to give up?" he retorted, his voice laced with anger.

"Is that what you think is the easy way out?"

"You don't understand !"

"I don't understand anything?" he snapped back, his voice rising.

"I'm here trying to help you, and you're pushing me away!"

Haeyun swiped at her tears, her expression hardening. "Help me? What can you even do? You're just making it worse!"

Sunghoon grabbed Haeyun's wrist, his eyes burning with an intense determination. In an instant, they were transported to a scene that was both surreal and heart-wrenching – a funeral.

The atmosphere was heavy with grief and sorrow.Sunghoon loosened his grip, his gaze fixed on the mourners gathered around a flower-adorned coffin.

His voice was calm but commanding as he spoke

"Look closely, Haeyun," he insisted, his eyes fixed on hers.

"This is a glimpse into the future. These mourners attend a funeral... Your funeral."

Haeyun's eyes widened in shock, her breath catching in her throat as she took in the mourners' grief, the flowers adorning the coffin, and the mournful atmosphere

Sunghoon's face hardened as he continued, his voice steady but tinged with sadness.

"If you choose to end your life, this is what awaits those you leave behind. Your parents, your friends... all devastated and consumed by grief. It's not the right choice, Haeyun."

Haeyun tears began to fall as she struggled to accept the truth.

Sunghoon stepped closer to her, taking her hands in his once more. He squeezed her hands gently, his touch offering a fragile source of comfort.

"You have so much to live for, Haeyun," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of concern and warmth.

"Please, don't let sadness consume you."

Haeyun sniffled, her eyes welling with tears. She looked at him, desperation mingling with hope in her gaze.

"I'll protect you." He said and again. They're back to the garden.

Haeyun stared at him with teary eyes.

Haeyun's confusion prompted her to voice her doubts. She looked at Sunghoon, her eyes brimming with genuine confusion.

"But why?" she asked quietly, her voice tinged with a hint of disbelief.

"Why do you care for me so much, even though we've just met?"

Sunghoon took a step closer, his expression softening. He reached out to gently tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear, his touch tender.

"It's true," he admitted softly.

"We've just met, and yet," he paused, his gaze locked with hers, "I can't explain it, but there's something about you that draws me in, that makes me want to keep you safe."

Haeyun's heart skipped a beat as she heard his words, her cheeks tinged with a faint blush.

Sunghoon reached up, gently wiping away a tear that trailed down Haeyun's cheek. His voice was soft but firm as he spoke.

"Please, don't cry," he whispered, his eyes filled with compassion.

Haeyun took a deep breath, trying to compose herself. She looked at Sunghoon, his unwavering support giving her a newfound sense of strength.

In the midst of the emotional moment, Haeyun's voice suddenly cut through the air.

"I never thought a vampire could offer such warmth," she murmured, her words edged with a tone of wonder.

Sunghoon was taken aback by her comment, his eyebrow raising in surprise. He studied her intently, the corners of his lips curving into a small smile.

"Is that so?" he replied, his voice carrying a hint of amusement.

"Am I breaking stereotypes, Haeyun?"

She couldn't help but chuckle softly, nodding in agreement.

"Maybe a little," she admitted, a subtle smile forming on her lips.

𓆩twenty-one𓆪