Lance Arthure Leywin

Grey POV

" Well now that everyone is seated lets start then shall we ? we will see the event from arthure POV. " the man said while everyone nodded, and all i could do was hope that he will not reveal much , i know for a fact that we will see my actions.... after all i did most of the work , i just dont my cover to be blown up.

"I look ridiculous," I grumbled, hobbling closer to the mirror to study myself.

The plated armor was gaudy and inefficient in design. My chest and shoulders were protected by silver pauldrons and a gorget that reached up to my chin, allowing for only minimal movement of my neck. Even more restricting, my hip and thighs were guarded by tassets that prohibited me from raising my legs. The subtle detailings on my gauntlets and greaves matched those on the breastplate, and a blazing red cape fell down to the back of my knees, covering the large, decorative sword strapped to my lower back. "You look awe-inspiring, sir," the timid handmaid said as she began tying up my hair. "Anyone who can fight proficiently while wearing this death trap deserves my respect," I replied, trying to lift my arms above my shoulders. 'Well, at least you'll look impressive to the crowd,' Sylvie pointed out from my bed, still half-asleep. Zip it! You're lucky I'm not making you wear any armor, I shot back. 'My scales are my armor.' Sylvie arched her back, stretching like a cat as she nimbly hopped off the bed.

at this i saw virion smirking like a fool while my old friends were simply dumbfounded , i could they that other people were trying to understand what sylv meant by ' my scales are my armor ' though no way spoke which i was a little grateful for , ' what are you grateful though ? i mean this is propably where where u got named as a lance so everyone here will know.. ' regis said matter of factly through our mantal connection.

"There! All done," the handmaid announced, carefully placing a golden band to secure my hair in place. "Your armor isn't just majestic to look at; I see it has protective runes engraved into it as well." "I understand the armor, but must I wear this sword? I have one of my own, and it's a pretty nice one too." I took Dawn's Ballad from my dimension ring. The timid handmaid touched her short brown hair, and her eyes shifted away uncomfortably. "It's... it's very pretty, sir, but—" "It's too thin! It doesn't make you look powerful!" the bear-like handmaid cut in, firmly securing my pauldrons with her meaty hands. "Perfect. You're good to go!" I gazed down at my teal-bladed sword, masterfully forged by an eccentric asura, and slid it back into its sheath. Then, with a deep breath, I put it back into my dimension ring. As I walked stiffly out of the room, Sylvie, still reluctant to speak out loud unless we were completely alone, chirped in my head. 'I bet your new armor is really going to impress the crowd.'

"wait for ur sword is forged by an asura ?!" most peopel shouted turning toward my past self, which i found a little amusing by thinking how he would get out of this. " well i didnt know that my self, until i met the asura that made it i only thought it was a unique sword " he responded meekly with an embaraced chuckle , while most of the nobles eying him with greed.

I'm hoping to stay on the sidelines through this whole speech. I know Virion wanted all the main players here today to raise morale, but I think the Lances are enough for that, I sent back as we made our way down the empty hallway. The residents and most of the workers inside the castle had been allowed in earlier this morning so they could find a seat in the crowd. I hadn't gotten a chance to see my family today, but they'd left a message with the timid handmaid saying they looked forward to seeing me up on the balcony. 'I can't believe Virion decided to hold the speech at Etistin, though. Isn't that where the Alacryan ships are heading?' Sylvie sounded concerned from her spot, nestled on my shoulder. I think it makes sense. It's a bit of a wild card, but if done right—and I'm sure that's what Virion is shooting for—the crowd will see our force as much more imposing up close than their ships from afar. 'I guess.' Even walking down the stairs was a task in the bulky armor, and I became more and more tempted to just jump down the center of the spiral staircase, regardless of who might inconveniently be at the bottom.