Battling Against Your Friend

April 2011

Ayumi Tanaka reflected on the bloodbath that was Project Shoujo. In a span of three months she saw girls get humiliated, souls crush, broken, over the cutthroat battles they were. Some of the girls are still dealing with their traumas any way they can. Myao-chan has taken a break, broken after her bout at the hands of Jurina.

Ayumi herself has a fair share of tough battles. Sasshii was very tough to compete against. She was the team's most dedicated performers. Sasshii was the definition of hard work that even Oshima senpai gave her a recommendation. She hardly does that unless you were a very good performer.

Despite such obstacle, Ayumi managed to turn the tide of the battle thanks to her powerful vocal cover of a BoA which helped her defeat her rival. Sasshii has been very quiet ever since.

After Sasshii she defeated Tomo-mii relatively easy. Not that she was bad, but she lacked the the drive of a dedicated performer. She was known as the lazy member for a reason, but she didn't take it personal. Instead she took the loss like a champ.

By now Yukirin and Mayuyu managed to scoop the spot of the winner. All that was left now Ayumi Tanaka and Jurina Matsui. Both close friends, classmates, and team members. Everyone was looking forward for this personal match between best friends.

Ayumi spent the upcoming days mentally and physically preparing herself for this upcoming match. The stakes were high, everyone was going to watch her. Jessica was going to watch her, her parents are going to watch her. Everything was tipping on the balance from this moment. This was the most important moment of her life. One false move and it was all over.

Outside the Horikoshi Academy building a young songbird sitting by the bleachers at the campus grounds. She was lost in thoughts filled with nothing but dread. She was afraid this moment will come. She tried everything she can to avoid facing against Jurina. She was the team's top dancer for a reason. Had Sasshii not been there she would be the number one dancer. Jurina was a natural at any physical related. Going up against her was suicide. She knew she was not an adequate dancer in fact, it was one of weaker areas.

"What do I do?... Why did I ever think this wasn't going to happen? It could've been anyone, but Jurina of all people!? How can I even compete against Ms. Namie Amuro? It's gonna take a miracle to win!! I can't dance like her!! I'm screwed!!" Ayumi mentally panicked. This was the worst outcome she could possibly be in.

"Ayucchi what's up?" Sana sat down beside her. She could tell her friend had a worried expression.

"Nothing Sana-chan... Just worried about this match. Jurina has always been my best friend. She was my first friend actually... We've done everything together but now I have to face against my best friend. I can't help but feel scared. Jurina is such a competitive person especially with dancing. I don't feel confident I can face her." Ayumi admitted.

"You're gonna do fine Ayucchi. I don't know this Juri girl but I know you well enough that you're talented. You're literally the best singer in the Team!! I've seen you belt those crazy notes. That's something Jurina doesn't have. Use that to your advantage." Sana hugged her trying to comfort her.

"Arigatougoizamu Sana-chan... I don't know what I would do without you. This is my chance to earn the final spot. I made it this far... I can do this!!" Ayumi declared feeling much better.

"That's the spirit Ayucchi!! I have full faith in you. Let's go back to class. We still have lecture to finish." Sana reminded her.

"I almost forgot thanks for reminding me!" Ayumi gasped with a blush. She was so caught up in her worries that she forgot.

She then spent the rest of the day mentally preparing herself for the major show. She knew had the vocal prowess to back it up. All she needed to have faith in herself. If she wanted to beat Jurina then she needed to pull out all the stops. She needs to convince the judges why she deserves the spot.