And We Both Know Hearts Can Change

Hello everyone, so this is the last chapter before the finale, I hope you like it! I hope you liked the whole story, please tell me what you think in the comments!

I wake up to a different type of sound that I haven't heard before. I feel his familiar arms wrapped around me, but I get up and see the ceiling get wet as the sound continues. I see a few drops of water spilling to the floor from the square Axl sawed. I don't know what it is, which makes me wonder. "It's raining." I jump as I hear him, he has already waken up, staring at me, sitting on the floor.

"Can we go up?" I ask. "I want to see more." He nods and climbs up from the square, then holds my hands and pulls me up. I feel the raindrops spilling onto my body and get me wet. I raise my head to look at the sky, which is full of dark, scary clouds. But I like it. It reminds me of the times where it snowed all the time. The sky is gloomy and melancholic, just like the way it was before he made my heart melt.

And the rain... I love the rain. I love it even more than the clear, blue sky and sunshine. Maybe it is because it reminds me of the snow, the way it used to fall from the sky. Maybe it is because it relaxes me, but saddens me at the same time. Maybe it is because it reminds me of the times I cried, with him, or in his arms. I feel that the rain is just like crying. When you feel a lot of pressure on yourself, or just feel sorrow; it feels good to cry. Because when you cry, the pressure, the heavy load you are carrying just spills out with your tears. When you cry, the sorrow flows away slowly. And the rain... I love the rain. Because it is just like crying, but the sky does it.

I feel a strange passion towards the rain. I open up my arms and let the raindrops wet me, I stand there and let the raindrops wash me... But then, I realize... I realize that I miss the cold. I realize that I miss the isolation, I miss being all by myself in this place. But mostly, I miss the snow. It's been a while since he made my heart melt, and it's been a while since I last saw the snow. It's been a while since I last warmed myself near the fireplace. I feel my tears start spilling. And again, I am crying.

I feel his wet hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong?" he asks softly. But I just shake my head, I don't know what to say. "Nothing, it's just..." I breathe. "A lot of things changed so quickly, and I... I don't know if I wanted it to change... And you and I... Our love changes everything Axl, and I don't know if I want any more change. I guess we should... Take a break, you know... We should... Hold our love back a little..."

I don't have energy to say more, so I just sit down at the edge of the roof and watch the rain. Suddenly, I jump in fright as I hear a loud thunder. He immediately sits next to me and holds my hand gently. I realize that my heart beats faster. I am scared to hear the thunder again, it startles me. "Are you okay?" he says. "Do you want me to... Sing?"

I nod eagerly. So, he stars singing to me with his angelic voice, and makes me not hear any other sound but his voice.

"When I look into your eyes,

I can see a love restrained.

But darling when I hold you,

Don't you know I feel the same..."

I look at him, admiring his voice. I wonder why he hasn't sung to me before. Then, he continues:

"Nothing lasts forever,

And we both know hearts can change." He points at the sea as he is singing, smiling at me.

"'Cause it's hard to hold a candle,

In the cold November Rain." He holds my hand again, and I shiver when he touches me.

"Do you need some time, on your own?

Do you need some time, all alone?

Everybody needs some time, on their own...

Don't you know you need some time, all alone?" He sings so sincerely, it feels like he is just talking to me. I know that I love him, and I know that he loves me. But I also remember how he made my heart melt, and how he made violent waves hit the house dangerously. I know that even if we don't hold our love back, we will get harmed by it. I stare at the dark clouds, and sigh deeply. I wish we were able to get out of this place.

Just then, I remember the place I found the papers at. I remember the man that gave me the papers. I remember how peaceful that place looked. So, I interrupt him and say: "Axl." He looks into my eyes. "I know a place where we can be together, I know a safe place." He suddenly smiles widely, his beautiful dimples show themselves. But he doesn't say anything, he just continues singing:

"So never mind the darkness,

We still can find a way..." My tears spill even faster, but I feel like this time they spill from happiness.

"Nothing lasts forever,

Even cold November Rain..." He stops singing after these words. I repeat these words in my mind, nothing lasts forever... Everything changes, or ends. I first wish it wasn't true. But then, I become glad that it is true. If it wasn't true, I would have stayed in the cold, isolated place, forever... But now, I have a different life. Now, I actually live. I can see the sky, I can watch the sea, I can get wet in the rain, I can get warm in the sunshine... This is all because of him.

"Don't you think that you need somebody?

Don't you think that you need someone?

Everybody needs somebody..." He suddenly sings again.. Yes, I always needed somebody. I was all by myself in an isolated place, I was all by myself in the cold. Then, he showed up at my door. He was the one I needed. And I am not the only one, because also he needed somebody. He risked his life to find the one he needed, and he found me.

"You're not the only one, you're not the only one..."