The Hadith (English Text Pt.2)

Ali came from Yemen with the sacrificial animals of the Messenger of Allah and found Fatimah was among those who terminated Ihram, and had put on dyed clothes, and had applied eyeliner. Ali disapproved of it, and she said,

"My father has ordered me to do this."

The narrator said that Ali used to say in Iraq:

"I went to Allah's Messenger ﷺ prompting him against what Fatimah had done, seeking his verdict on what she mentioned about him. So I informed him that I disapproved of her action, and he ﷺ said,

"She has told the truth, she has told the truth. What did you say when you intended to perform Hajj?'

I said, 'O Allah, I am entering into Ihram for the same purpose as Your Messenger has entered it.'

He ﷺ said: 'I have with me the sacrificial animals, so do not terminate the Ihram."

(Jabir said): The total number of those sacrificial animals brought by Ali from Yemen and of those brought by the Prophet ﷺ from Madīnah was one hundred. Then all the people terminated Ihram and shortened their hair except the Prophet ﷺ and those who had with them the sacrificial animals.

When it was the day of Tarwiyyah (8th of Dhul-Hijjah), they went to Mina and entered into the Ihram for Hajj and Allah's Messenger ﷺ rode and then led the noon, afternoon, sunset, night and dawn prayers (in Mina).

He then waited until the sun rose, and ordered that a tent of wool be pitched at Namirah.

Allah's Messenger ﷺ then set out and Quraysh did not doubt that he would halt at al-Mash'ar al-Haram, the sacred site as Quraysh used to do in the Pre-Islamic period.

The Messenger of Allah ﷺ passed on until he came to Arafaat and found that the tent was pitched for him at Namirah.

There he sat in it until the sun had passed the meridian; he commanded that al-Qaswa (his camel) be brought and saddled for him. Then he came to the bottom of the valley...

And he ﷺ addressed the people, saying: '(O people), surely your blood and your wealth are sacred to you as the sanctity of this day of yours (the Day of Arafah), in this month of yours, in this land of yours (Makkah).

Every practice of the Pre-Islamic period is beneath my feet and the blood feuds of the Pre-Islamic period are annulled.

The first claim of blood that I abolish is that of Ibn Rabi'ah b. al-Harith, who was suckled among the tribe of Bani Sa'd and was killed by Hudhayl. The Riba (usury) of the Pre-Islamic period is abolished, and the first Riba that I abolish is that of 'Abbas b. 'Abd al-Muttalib. It is abolished completely.

Fear Allah concerning women, for you have taken them on the security of Allah and have made their bodies lawful to you by the words of Allah.

Your right over them is that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to sit on your bed. If they do that, then hit them, but not severely. Their rights over you are that you should be kind to them and clothe them properly.

I have left you with something which, if you adhere to it, you will not go astray after I am gone: the Book of Allah.

If you were asked about me, what would you say?'

They said: 'We would bear witness that you have conveyed (the message), fulfilled (the trust) and advised us sincerely."

Then he pointed with his index finger towards the sky and then towards the people, and said,

'O Allah, bear witness, O Allah bear witness. three times.

Bilal then pronounced Adhan and later on Iqamah and the Prophet ﷺ led the noon prayer. Bilal then pronounced Iqamah and the Prophet ﷺ and observed no other prayer in between the two.

The Messenger of Allah then mounted his camel and came to the Mawqif, making his she-camel al-Qaswa turn towards the side where there were rocks, having the path taken by those who went on foot in front of him, and faced the Qiblah.

He stood there until sunset, and the yellow light had gone, and the disc of the sun had disappeared. He made Usamah sit behind him, and he pulled the nosestring of Qaswa so forcefully that its head touched the saddle in order to keep her under perfect control, and he pointed out to the people with his right hand " O people, be calm be calm."

Whenever he happened to pass over an elevated tract, he slightly loosened the nosestring of his camel until she climbed up, and this is how he reached Muzdalifah. There he led the evening and night prayers together with one Adhan and two Iqamah, and he did not observe the voluntary Rakah between evening and night prayers.

The Messenger of Allah then lay down until dawn when he offered the dawn prayer with an Adhan and Iqamah when the morning light was clear. He again mounted al-Qaswa, and when he came to al-'Mash'ar al-Haram, he faced the Qiblah, supplicated Allah, glorified Him, and declared His Oneness, and kept standing until the daylight was very clear. He then went quickly before the sunrise...

...and seated behind him was al-Fadl bin al-Abbas who was white and handsome, with beautiful hair. As Allah's Messenger ﷺ was moving on, there was also going a group of women by the side with them. Al-Fadl began to look at them. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ placed his hand on the face of al-Fadl who then turned his face to the other side to look at them, so Allah's Messenger ﷺ turned his hand to the other side and placed it on the face of al-Fadl. He again turned his face to the other side until he reached the bottom of Muhassir.

He urged al-Qaswa a little, and following the middle road which leads to the greatest Jamrah, he came to the Jamrah which is near the tree. He cast seven small pebbles, saying: "Allah is the Most Great" with everyone and this he did from the bottom of the valley.

He then went to the place of sacrifice, and slaughtered 63 camels with his own hand. Then he gave the remaining number to Ali رضي الله عنه who sacrificed them, for he shared him in his sacrifice. He then ordered that a piece of flesh from each sacrificed animal should be put in a pot, and when it was cooked, both of them (the Prophet and Ali) ate from its meat and drank from its broth.

Allah's Messenger again rode and came to the House, and performed the noon prayer at Makkah. He came to the family of Abdul-Muttalib, who were supplying water from Zamzam, and said:

"Draw water, O sons of Abdul-Muttalib; were it not for fear that people would take away this right of supplying water from you, I would have drawn water along with you." So they handed him some water and he drank it.