prologue

"Hey dibbles," Taylor murmured as she bent down and picked Olivia up. "Where are your siblings hm?" She set Olivia down as she pattered down the hallway, calling out for her boyfriend. "Babe?" she called out as she took off her shoes. "Kitchen!" Travis responded. "Hey how was your day?" He asked as she met him in the kitchen. Taylor shrugged, "Long, a lot to do with the album. What about you?" Travis looked up and shrugged as well. "Just some boring business meetings now that the seasons over. But I made dinner, thought it would be my turn to cook." 

Taylor softly smiled at that, noticing the mess throughout the kitchen and his stained shirt. "You're the best." She sighed as he led her to the dining room, where two candles were set with empty wine glasses and plates of food. "Trav, you really went all out." Taylor said as she looked at him. "Anything for you babe." He responded, soft eyes crinkling when he smiled. "Here sit." Travis said as he pulled out her chair, softly pushing Taylor in.

Dinner went on, stress about the new album slowly alleviating from Taylor's body. At the end of dinner, Travis called her attention. "Tay." Travis said. She looked up, a little gasp escaping her mouth at the sight of Travis sitting at the opposite end of the table holding a ring. "I really want to start a family with you Tay. I see you as the mother of my children. We've been dating for only a year and I know I'm ready to settle down with you. So I want to make you a promise. A promise that I'll stay truthful and faithful and love you at your best and worst. So Tay, would you take this promise ring and when you're ready, we can finally make it official?" 

She was scared at first. She wasn't ready for a permanent death-bonding relationship one year in, but she knew deep down that she wanted him. She was so happy that they were both at the same page, so she only had one answer. "Yes." She breathed out. "I promise that I will marry you one day, and I will take the ring." Tears filled her eyes as Travis engulfed her in a searing kiss, slipping the promise ring on her ring finger, the diamond glittering in the light. "I know it's only a promise ring, but I had to get the best for you babe. I got you your grandma's ring and I want to marry you with the exact same one." He said, looking down at Taylor hoping that he didn't overstep a line. 

"Trav, that's the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever gotten me. I can't wait to marry you with the same ring. I love you so much." Taylor responded with teary eyes. He kissed her again, backing her against the wall as the moonlight shone on the ring and the candles flickered in the darkness, covering the two destined lovers.