chapter 1

you guysss, first story ever so please be nice. But I have so many ideas for this book so I hope people like it :)

She was at the peak of her stress. On break from tour just meant more time to make a new album. A better album that had to outsell her previous one. It had to win more albums and it had to win more awards. That was just who Taylor was, always trying to outsell herself. Jack knowing her stress, suggested bringing in some new producers to expand her genre. She was open to the idea since her last four albums have been just depressing. Critics said they sounded too similar anyways. Besides, she was in love now and she wanted to switch it up; she wanted a new sound so she took the advice Jack gave her. Travis was with her in New York; his season ended early after a playoff loss. He assured her that while he was disappointed, there was always next year and it meant more time together anyways.

After a week together after Travis' proposal (well really half proposal), she was antsy to get back into the studio. Bright and early with her ring sparkling on her finger, finding herself stressing over what to wear to impress the producers. She knew it didn't really matter, she was a global superstar anyways; her talent could speak for itself. But she knew she wouldn't be confident if she wasn't comfortable with what she was wearing. She was still somewhat in her Tortured Poets Department Era, she didn't want to switch eras just yet because she knew her fans would overspeculate over that. Laughing to herself quietly, she chose a black miniskirt and button-down shirt, tying her hair into two little French braids. Contemplating, she chose to wear leggings since it was January in New York; she just could not bear the cold.

Satisfied with a heavy coat over her, she walked over to where Travis was in the kitchen feeding the cats. "Wow babe, meeting some producers or walking down the runway?" Travis asked, walking over to give her a kiss. Taylor rolled her eyes, leaning into the kiss. "I just really want to impress them." Travis looked down at her, "You don't have to be worried. I know they're huge producers and you really want this album to do well but if they don't want to work with you it's their loss. We both know you're going to blow this out of the water. Scout's honor." Taylor softly smiled at that. "Scout's honor?" She asked, holding three fingers up with memories of last night flashing in her mind. "Scout's honor," Travis responded. "You're crazy talented and your music and awards speak for themselves. Just breath." Taylor leaned up to kiss him again. "What would I do without you babe? I love you."

"Love you too. I'll see you tonight yeah? I'll be here waiting for you, waiting for you to bounce through the door and tell me that you impressed them and you got a stellar album waiting to be made." Travis murmured. "You bet," Taylor responded, leaning in to give him one last kiss before putting on her doc martens, grabbing her keys and heading out the door.