17

"Wow, it's raining real hard." Mr. Saiki points out, setting his figurine down on the coffee table as he glances out of the living room window where all the rain drops are running down. "I know you're just a couple of blocks away, [ name ], but why don't you stay until the rain stops?"

You took the figurine from the table, attaching one of its hands before handing it back to Mr. Saiki. "I don't want to intrude for that long, Mr. Saiki." you said, giving him a smile. "If you don't mind, can I borrow an umbrella instead?"

"Oh, but isn't too dangerous?" Mrs. Saiki points out in worry. She sat beside Mr. Saiki, watching the raindrops hit the glass window as well. "Is Shina home?"

"No, she'll be back by tomorrow, she said." you set your phone down after checking your recent messages with Shina. "But it's okay-"

"Then, please, stay over!" the Saiki couple gleefully stated, clasping their hands together in a way of persuading you to accept their request.

"You can sleep at Kuu's room for the mean time!" Mrs. Saiki says, turning her head to the other sofa where Kusuo is sitting. "Kuu, you can sleep here on the couch."

"We have a guest room." Kusuo pointed out, raising a brow.

"Yeah, but it's full of stuff. Kinda like an inventory now." Mr. Saiki said, recalling that half of the things the guest room are all the items that Mrs. Saiki brought from the salesman that managed to successfully bribed her. Unfortunately, those aren't on the return period anymore.

"It's just a couple blocks away, really." you assured, waving your hand dismissively, not wanting to disrupt Kusuo's peace within his room. "I can just walk home."

"I've already asked Shina if you can stay over!" Mrs. Saiki beams, setting the telephone down quite happily. No one even noticed her doing such thing. "She said, yes!"

"Oh, Mrs. Saiki-" you rise from your sat position, hoping that you can call your sister back again and tell her that it really is fine to walk home.

"Oh, mom..." Kusuo sighs.

"Oh, honey!" Mr. Saiki cheers as he gently pulls his darling wife into his arms. It's such a delight to see this couple find joy in such mundane things like having you stay over and getting an approval from your sister. "You've done well, as expected from my darling wife!"

"Oh, you!~" Mrs. Saiki cooed, letting herself be tightly embraced by her husband, straight out of the living room, apparently forgetting that they had a son in the house along with a visitor, you.

"What a fun marriage they have." you pointed out, a small smile on your lips as you continue to assemble Mr. Saiki's figurine on his behalf. "I can take the couch if that's fine with you."

"No, I'll take it. Just don't touch anything in my room." Kusuo said, handing you the remaining pieces of the said figurine.

"So, this is gonna be like a sleep over?" you let out a brief laugh, setting the fixed figurine down on the table, turning to Kusuo. "Except for the fact that you don't want me here."

"I didn't say anything." Kusuo said, throwing the figurine's empty box aside. "Besides, they're right. It's raining a little too hard than usual."

It'd be easy to just brush the storm off with a flick of a finger, just so he can hog his own room for himself, but seeing how his parents were eager to have you stay over, he just can't seem to clear their only reason to have you stay over.

He's simply doing this in favor of his parents and not for other reasons.

"As much as I want to stay, I don't want to intrude much," you said, holding back a sigh as you find the storm such an inconvenience in terms of your situation. "Do you have any spare umbrella? Just in case."